Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #1

Tuesday

Afternoon all, Eileen hope you are back home very soon.
My youngest son Chris is 23 today, we have assembled his pressie between us, it's a punch bag and boxing gloves. He does boxfit.
Just taken Malaika for a walk and Kwame a carry around the fields. He's now in his crate, kicking off big style
Off to a friends later for coffee and a chat, then over to my parents, they're doing a buffet for Chris.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
29-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

hi shelley, all to follow! hope your son has a nice day, buffet sounds nice

took nibbles off to the new vets this morning, at my usual vets they normally take you into a consult room when they're being booked in for an op but they took her at reception- cue me getting her out for a wee blub and cuddle infront of two oldies and their cat! i didnt look at their reaction but they must have been shocked she was a rat, they kept talking bout the other cat in the waiting room. i was a bit put off at this, i did ask to go into a room but the receptionist didnt understand me. i always like to give them a 'goodbye' cuddle as the ops are so risky.

waited impatiently and jumped whenever the phone rang, of course had 3 cold callers this morning, so i phoned them about 10 mins ago to ask, receptionist said she thinks it went well and she is moving about in her recovery box but i've to phone back in an hour to speak to the vet, so it looks like good news for once

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #3

Oh Lynz,
i hope Nibbles is ok. Probably the people in the reception were just embarrased that you were upset, you know what we brits are like. Good for you getting her out and giving her a cuddle.
Look foward to an update later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #4

Afternoon Shelley and Lynz and those to follow.

Happy Birthday to your Chris, Shelley. Hope you all enjoy the buffet. Lynz, fingers crossed for little Nibbles hope the op has gone well. Some people are just scared of ratties.

Weather here is chilly and overcast, but the sun keeps trying to break through. OH has gone off to play a golf course over Worthing way today and has gone off with waterproofs and umbrella, but not sure about the woolly hat and gloves. I have been to the chiropodist and then I drove to Runcton to visit a nursery that has a good pot selection but have come home empty handed. We put one pot out in the front garden and it looks very lonely, so I need two more .... but you know how it is, the pots have got to be a matching shade of cream and I just want square ones. Will look online now I think.

Don't fancy lunch, but have a longing for a hot chocolate ... that one Elaine gave me last night was so lovely, just want another! I keep hoping to see a post from our Eileen.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
29-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #5

thanks, angie and shelley, just rang back im leaving soon to go get her, think i might have a happy blub too nibbles is a very special rattie to me! hope you get a hot choc angie

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #6

Good news Lynz! Yes, just finished my hot choc!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #7

Hey all. Back home from work, Finally!!! Beginning to move into a quieter mode in the office again, which doesn't help matters. Oh well, am working out and about the rest of this week, and am out every morning next, and then am on holiday!!!

Happy Birthday for your son Shelley, and Poor Kwame - course he's kicking up a fuss at having been put back in the crate without being allowed to run down on the ground outside first!!!

So good to hear that Nibbles is doing alright Linz, even if you did have a bit of an emotional parting. Mmmm, we brits don't do emotion all that well, esp public emotion.

Good luck on finding those pots Angie. Hot Chocolate does sound good - especially real stuff made from chocolate made to melt into a drink... And yes... Really looking forwards to the day that we suddenly find Eileen with us again...

Ooops! I've a wee girl saying 'play with me Mummy' Guess had better go!

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #8

Elaine - I meant to ask how Rayne is today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #9

Afternoon all.

Sorry been busy in the garden ....is that sounding sad now? back to work tomorrow and will be working 11- 8 so not sure about the quiz. Will try though, I promise.
Anyhow......see you all later just off to take Sal out in between showers....hence why I was trying to gte replanting done.....rain.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #10

Evening all. Had quite a busy day today and have an even busier one tomorrow. Sky was a bit overcast today but not too chilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Elaine - I meant to ask how Rayne is today?
Angie, Rayne isnt too good at the moment. gave the vet a call, have to put her back on the steriods while she works out another plan of action. I hate having her on steriods and I fear she has been on them way too long already. We changed vets a few weeks back and feel much happier that they are actually "doing" something to help us get ontop of her condition. So steriods again, one a day for a week then we will try and reduce them to half per day.

Anyway, hope every one is well and having a nice day.

Eileen, still thinking of you and hoping you can join us again very soon. xxx