Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #21

Re: Is Posh blind??

Poor baby

My sympathies also with you ... must be very hard to watch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #22

Hi all, I feel shattered this morning, I think the shock of it all has started to get to me and I'm feeling really upset

Posh is just not herself, she is refusing food and even her milk this morning, has wee'd twice missing the tray both times and spending her time curled up sleeping. She's very quiet, listless and feels cold to the touch. I really feel like she's fading away, I can't bear it and I feel so guilty. I am keeping her by my side and just stroking her.

Love her so much it hurts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #23

I bet she's suffering from shock apart from anything else. Could you try comforting her with a Feliway spray or giving her some Rescue Remedy? You could probably do with some Rescue Remedy yourself too. Anything really to help her relax and let her medication work. Thinking of you both and sending all the comforting vibes we can.

Cats owned: 2 cats - one torti-tabby, one black
acatcalleddog is Male
15-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #24

I agree with the above. It's sad if your cat has lost all or some of her sight, but she can and will adjust.

Sight is more important to us than to cats - with a sense of smell, her whiskers and a familiar layout of a home, you cat will be perfectly happy and adjust.

Cats tend to be far better than people at immediately adjusting to new situations like this, though of course it's sad. But your cat is still alive and will have a good quality of life - and lots of love, I am sure - from you, so will be perfectly happy in her future life, despite eye problems.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #25

Has she been tested for diabetes, this can cause raised blood pressure too and retinal detachment.
Mustard, our cat with toxoplasmosis went blind but he adapted very quickly. I think once you diagnose the cause and treat it, being blind will not be much of an issue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #26

I am so sorry, Elaine has just pmed me. I am very sorry for your loss.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #27

That's ok, it was all so sudden, and the blindness really did distress her. It was as if it was the final straw.

Cats owned: 2 cats - one torti-tabby, one black
acatcalleddog is Male
20-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
That's ok, it was all so sudden, and the blindness really did distress her. It was as if it was the final straw.
Sorry to hear that. But often these things are for the best, especially if the end didn't drag on for months causing Posh paid and suffering.

I am sure Posh had a wonderful life with you!