Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #111

Re: K in hospital again

well, he went to an appt this morning and they're not letting him leave...admitting him into the hospital again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #112

So very sorry Tink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #113

I'm not surprised, sad but expected with another infection having set in. I hope they'll keep him in this time till he's well and truly ready to go home. Hope this will give you a little "me" time, as it's been horribly stressful for you. Prayers still coming for you both ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #114

I think he may be in the best place.....in the long run. All the best to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #115

I agree Tink I also think that he is in the best possible place to get him right.
Take care and be strong Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

12-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #116

just got back from visiting k.
they have confirmed he has a fungal infection in his blood (similar to a yeast infection) that was caused by his antibiotics.
tomorrow they are doing a transesophagul echocardiogram to determine if there is vegetation on the mechanical valves they put into his heart (yeast likes artificial surfaces).
if so, they want to cut him open for the third time in the last two months. he says he'll just leave and he won't let them do that, which would basically mean certain death.
so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, i can't worry about that now, i'm going to focus on the test results tomorrow and go from there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #117

Oh Tink you must both be at your wits end ,and must feel like the whole thing is just never going to end.
I know it has been said upteem of times but I think it does help please please be strong the pair of you, it will resolve its self and K will eventually be fighting fit again.

Take care Pauline Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #118

Oh Tink, so sorry .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #119

Oh Tink i'm so sorry I don't know what to say, I hope it's ok.

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #120

Hi guys, just to update...
I'll keep it short by saying they were not doing anything to help him in the hospital and certain factors were infuriating...and there was a lot of drama yesterday that I won't go into...
Well, today they tried to make him stay and do blood transfusions after we blatantly told them last night he's leaving this morning. Then some docs came in and tried to bully him. So he got dressed, walked out, and drove home.
We are researching holistic remedies to help get rid of the infection..he's still taking antibiotics and antifungal meds but we both decided to put off the steroids so his immune system can function.
So I'm cooking no sugar or carbs for him and adding garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano to everything...that's what we found on the internet so far.
He's going to follow up with one doctor, the rest can back off right now..too many chefs in the kitchen and we're tired of being stuck in the middle of their politics.
We are still willing to use their antibiotics but are going to try to be more in charge of what's going on...and look into holistic remedies rather than steroids that compromise the immune system.
They threatened he'd die without them but we both have enough knowledge to know there's other options out there and I have a medical background as well.
We're gonna try it our way for awhile with some compromises with their way a little as well..