Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
14-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #1

Stray kitten!

My bosses are going to kill me, or sack me! We have another homeless animal in the practice
A woman came in today with a huge box (don't know why people always bring such big boxes) saying she had a feral kitten. She owns a caravan park and people were telling her they could hear a cat stuck in a tree but they couldn't locate it. Today they realised that it was a kitten and he was stuck down a drain, about 4 ft down
She's allergic to cats so had just bundled him into the box after her son rescued him. In I went, wearing the gauntlets only to pick up a little purring, if scared bundle! Promptly took off the gloves and gave the poor thing a hug! Settled him in a warm bed and gave him some food. Just so glad they found him when they did as we've had more or less torrential rain all afternoon, dread to think what would have happend to the poor little mite
Sooo now we have a approx 10 old kitten living in our isolation kennel, I've paid for some worm and flea treatment for him and we need to find him a good home, before the bosses find out!
I'll try and get some pics of him tomorrow, I know how we all like pics!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #2

Re: Stray kitten!

Poor little mite, what made her think he was feral????Sure you will find him a lovely warm new home Liz...Love pictures..........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #3

Bless you for taking him in Liz, what an awful thought of him being outdoors in torrential rain...

Will look forward to pics of the little fella...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #4

Bless you Liz! Poor wee mite wouldn't have made it with all this rain. Look forward to pictures. If your practice needs someone else to sponsor the kitten until you can find a home - give me a PM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #5

Bless you Liz for helping this fella. I'm sure the practice can stand a cage being utilized for a short while until a home is found . . . after all, being in the care business they must be used to balancing profit with gestures of selfless kindness - good PR if nothing else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
14-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #6

Thanks Angie, hopefully he'll be covered for everything he needs but it's a very kind.
Yola, I was really only kidding about the bosses, even our grumpiest partner is a sucker for little tiny kitties! I caught him on numerous occassion snuggling with the last kitten we had in (Haggis who went to live in Edinburgh)
I'm not sure why they thought he was feral, probably just because he was so scared after being stuck in the drain. He is fine with being handled though and is playing with some of Imogen's old toys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #7

I shudder to think what might have happened! Give that wee one a cuddle from me, bless him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #8

How did the poor little thing find himself there?
Hope he's doing well this morning and that you either find his original people or find him a nice home (How about the local paper doing a little feature - good publicity for the practice and lots of nice people wanting to adopt?)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
15-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #9

maybe he should be called lucky.... her certainly sound like he is very lucky that he was plucked out when he was... yes please to pic... we all love pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #10

Definitely pics, please!