Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #1

A Big Thankyou

I want to thank all of you for your kind message of support with Simon. Your words have realy help me and mandy. I still feel so guilty that i didnt notice he was poorly and didnt help him sooner. I was walking around asda yesterday and heard a song and i started crying i just didnt care. Whats i am so annoyed about at the moment beause we have other cats our friends say you dont want to get another one that is the day i lost him. With kay it was different but with simon i feel that i would be disrespectiong his memmories if i got a new one. We always sit in the kitchen and we expect him to come running up the drive.

jane and mandy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: A Big Thankyou

Its been a sad time on Catsey Kado, but with all the support we get from members it helps so much, I know exactly how you feel, its difficult to accept they are gone...I still expect my girl to be here, and I expect like me you have a huge hole in your heart! which will get better, I think we always grieve but become more able to handle it....Crying is a part of the process....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #3

Indeed it has been a very sad couple of months for a few Catsey members and my heart goes out to you all ...... ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #4

((((HUGS)))) from me and Kizzy too Jane. I remember how you all helped me when Merlin passed. I still miss him - his picture is still my screensaver and the ache of loss has been replaced with warm memories of the time I had with him and I smile now when I look at his picture. I am sure you will be able to feel the same, but it takes time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #5

It does take time, but the sympathy and support here can be a big help ...I'm still grateful for the help I got when my dear Patches passed. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #6

Sorry you still feel so raw about Simon. Like everyone else I really apreciated the words of support when Kinsi had to be pts.

There are still certain posts I read that start me off, so don't feel you need to be strong with us. We've all been there and know how you feel

Big ((hugs)) from me and Alfie xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
12-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #7

When my Millie was PTS a couple of weeks ago, it was a week before I could bring myself to come on here to write anything , but the support I had was overwhelming ,thank you all ..sorry to use your thread Jane but I just felt I had to write something...look after yourself..John

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #8

It's a pain we have all felt. Our little online community really comes together at a time of loss - it's the least we can do for those who have been there for us during sadder times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
13-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #9

It is so hard losing one of your special little fur babies who you love so much and are a (BIG) part your family.
I think you just have to try and remember all the good times that you have with them over the years, people say that the pain gets better which it does but their memories will always remain with you.
Having lost Zara a few weeks ago, without the kind support from everybody at Catsey I don`t know how I would have coped, it`s so nice to beable to connect with other animal lovers who know exactly what you are going through and don`t look at you as if you are going mad getting so upset.
(HUGS) PaulineXxx.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
13-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #10

When Tinky died... (4 months ago last Saturday) i felt the same way Jane, about getting another cat... but then one day a couple of weeks later i felt the need to have another cat in the house... i even posted on here about getting another cat and how soon should i do it..., looking back i think it was because i felt guilty about wanting another one...but i still went ahead and adopted a new baby and i belive it was the best thing for me...
Dont feel pressured into getting another one or not getting another one... you will know when the time is right...

All the support that i got on here when Tinky went for his amputation and then when he died really helped ...we have all been there and know exactly whats it like...

take care xox