Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
09-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #1

Stray Dog

Ed has just gone to work and I had a call from him while he was waiting for his lift.He had fond a dog running round the street who nearly got run over running accross a busy road he tried called the owners from the number on the dogs collar but there was no answer,his lift arrived so he rand me again and asked if I could go and get the dog nd bring him home as is didnt want to leave him on the streets.Ive been and got the god and he is so sweet,Ive since tried to call his owners twice but no answer so I left a message saying he was here.
what should I do now?Im happy with him staying here untill his owners contact me as hes no trouble at all,hes happily playing with my 2 the moment but do i need to contatct the police/dog warden or someone?

his name is Tidman he is so sweet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #2

Re: Stray Dog

Well done for taking him in Erin. You did make sure the owner wasn't there somewhere before you took him tho Maybe in a shop or in the park or something?!?!

I would suggest that if you don't hear back from the owners by tonight maybe you should call the local council's dog warden or the police.

At least he has a collar on - that's some help!!

Good luck with him. Any chance of a pic???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #3

Yes I agree maybe he got out whilst the owners are at work and they may reply to your message after five then if not I would call RSPCA or someone like that.

Well done taking him in is he scared?

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #4

there was nobody around charlie i walked around with him before brining him home incase the owners were looking for him.Where he was found its just a main road really,no shops or parks anywhere near
He is so lovely and loves a fuss bless him,this is the best pic I could get he hasnt sat still since he got here,hes keeping my 2 busy thats for sure lol -

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #5

hes not scared in the slighest,hes bombing round the back garden like he owns it lol,the three of them are having a great time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #6

Heehee - remember that you have to give him back, Erin!!!! lol

He looks lovely. I hope you can trace his mummy and daddy and that they come and get him tonight.

Keep us posted.

Sounds like your two will sleep well later after all this excitement too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
09-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #7

I say if your call still isn't returned tonight call them again for a few days (if you can keep him that long...?)..maybe if they still don't return the call but up "found" posters around where he was found? Don't put too much information incase someone comes along and it wasn't really there dog. I would be reluctant to hand him into the RSPCA though, who knows what might happen to him.

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #8

He looks very well cared for

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #9

Dont worry Jane the rspca would be the last people I could call.Hes more than welcome to stay as long as he needs to hes gorgeous
He is in quite good condition,hes been nuteured so he is abviously well cared for

Catsey Veteran

09-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #10

Sorry shouldn't have suggested the RSPCA as they probably wouldn't come anyway!! Have a very dim view of them myself