Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #1

Daily Thread~ Tuesday

Morning all.

I'm off for a tree today. The bullies on here made me .

Ceilidh is just up and looking a lot better (thank goodness). So it's back to school for her.

I cant find my car keys I do have a spare in the cupboard but no spare house key . the other strange thing that's happened is Ceilidh's pillow has gone walk about . I cant find it anywhere. Now that is strange!

It's been raining over night but seem's to have gone off for the time being.
Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread~ Tuesday

we have had a thin layer of snow followed by some rain and cold temperatures which has caused black ice...we almost got into two wrecks on it yesterday..first one into a field, second one almost hit a telephone pole...and my OH was driving.
i HAVE to go out today in it and am nervous...
still in some pain if i allow the vicodin to wear off..if i can't get an appointment i think i'll go to the clinic and sit in the waiting room and hope for a cancellation so i can be seen..i'm running out of the temporary meds the urgent care doctor gave me...may also give the triage nurse i talked to last week a call...maybe she can help me get in...
kuan yin has been named "nurse meow" by me the last few days since she is constantly by my side and does not let me leave her sight since i've been feeling so poorly...such a good kitty.
will be awaiting news on my mother's angiogram....
hope everyone's day is well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #3

Morning Jac, morning all. Nice bright but crisp day here this morning. Might go and do a little more Christmas shopping today. Will see how I feel later. Other than that not much planned but the usual.

Jac - How on earth can you lose a pillow Car keys, I can understand but a pillow??

Hope you all have a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #4

Fran I have no idea!!! I changed her bed yesterday and it wasn't there. I thought she had maybe put it in her dolls pram but no. I have even looked in her wardrobe . It is most defenitly not in her room or mine.
I think the pillow muncher must have visited. It's really not here .
Found my keys though

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #5

Maybe Ceilidh mistook her pillow for a giant marshmallow while she was asleep and ate it?

It is a cold and frosty morning here, and there is something bright in the sky. Apparently it is called the sun.

I've got the day off work so I am hoping I can persuade Rosie and Pheobe to venture out of hiding at some point today.
This afternoon I am going to make the most of the sunshine and go riding. Then this evening going to the cinema to see the Golden Compass. I could get used to days off work!!!

Catsey Veteran

11-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #6

Back from the school run! Boy was that a drive.

This is the first morning we have had ice. I had to scrape the windscreen. Now bearing in mind the gritters have been out in force for a few weeks. Do you think the roads were gritted last night? NO. There is black ice on all the roads that haven't had any sun or many cars. It's a total nightmare.

There were people slipping on the pavements and one lady I saw fell. I was going to stop to make sure she was ok but someone else got there first.
I was going to go to the garden centre but I'll do my ironing first, let it thaw.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #7

Back in the office today. More battling with, and juggling of, finances Sebi's back at nursery and seemed very happy to be there. His eye's a lot better which is excellent. Dominik is off to see Toyah in 'Jack and the Beanstalk' with his whole school, I'm glad they're taking him . . . I'd rather have teeth pulled than sit through a pantomime

Bright, cold and frosty here. No ice on the roads but there was quite a thick layer on the car!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #8

A layer of frost on the car this morning but no wind.... and thats good news because...I am going up the ladder to put the decorations up.....I have had 5 different people come to the house and ask what is wrong.... not counting those who have questioned me in the street......WHY......because I have not put the decorations up.....I ask you. Also going to decorate the tree....so christmas will have arrived. Not having a real tree having an artificial one but thats due to the furniture rearranging and the "girls" refusing to sleep where I planned for them to go in the living room they want to go somewhere else......

Have a good day all.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac

This is the first morning we have had ice. I had to scrape the windscreen. Now bearing in mind the gritters have been out in force for a few weeks. Do you think the roads were gritted last night? NO. There is black ice on all the roads that haven't had any sun or many cars. It's a total nightmare.
I'm not looking forwards to the drive to work tomrrow. All the roads have turned into rivers after all the rain, and they never grit here. Forecast for tonight is minus 4, so I'll be driving down a very icey hill at 7am tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #10

Morning all...Really hard frost this morning...lovely and sunny...
My electric went off at 6pm and did not come back on till midnight....So read by candle light....
Got no phones today though...