Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #11

Re: The Virgin Mary and the Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
awww lovely pictures. I always loved doing the Nativity play at Christmas time - but always disappointed that I was only ever chosen as a shepherd or a King
I was always a shepherd! With a teatowel on my head! I always wanted to be Mary (of course!) and then in my last year of Primary school one of my best friends got chosen as Mary!

When I was 5 though I was an angel and I remember it so vividly, I loved it and my beautiful wings! Will have to see if I can dig out some pics! I must have lost my cuteness after that so I was destined to herd sheep!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #12

Alex, thanks so much for sharing those with us! Brought a lump to my throat. Oddly enough the small Catholic grade school I went to didn't do a Nativity play, so I have no memories like that. Your girls look lovely, and I know you must be very proud of them.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #13

thank you Eileen and Random. They just looked like little angels in their outfits (until they opened their mouths and started arguing with each other again lol)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #14

Alex, they look beautiful! Your eldest is turning into a very pretty young lady! It's sad that the nativity play is being dispensed with I think it's an important part of our heritage and I certainly have some lovely memories of childhood nativities.

Not that I was ever anything other than 'in the chorus' . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Alex, they look beautiful! Your eldest is turning into a very pretty young lady! It's sad that the nativity play is being dispensed with I think it's an important part of our heritage and I certainly have some lovely memories of childhood nativities.

Not that I was ever anything other than 'in the chorus' . . .
I agree with Yola, a very pretty young lasy (I take it she looks like her Dad then Alex )

Yola I wasn't even in the Chorus, I couldn't sing

Our school has a play but not a nativity , the dont want to insult other religions. Great eh? what happend to "when in Roam"? There's is about a grumpy angel!! and strictly no pictures unless you get the ok from every parent.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #16

Really? No pictures? We had a note saying cameras AND video recorders welcome I can understand the reasons behind not allowing pictures, but surely that's just being over-cautious in the extreme!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I agree with Yola, a very pretty young lasy (I take it she looks like her Dad then Alex )

Yola I wasn't even in the Chorus, I couldn't sing

Our school has a play but not a nativity , the dont want to insult other religions. Great eh? what happend to "when in Roam"? There's is about a grumpy angel!! and strictly no pictures unless you get the ok from every parent.
Thank you for that Jac , no idea where she gets her good looks from, but it's certainly not me or her dad lol. Thank you for your kind comments.

Raechel is also playing Tiddles the cat in her school production of Babushka. Not a traditional nativity by any means, nut it is all about the birth of Jesus and has Shepherds, angels and wise men in it too (but Raechel has one of the main parts, another proud mummy moment. Hayley along with the other younger classes is a sheep bless her). I will hopefully get pics of that on wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #18

Sounds good Alex. So nice that you can take photo's. I think the no photo's unless you have every parents permission is a bit OTT but what can you do?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #19

The look gorgeous Alex. Christmas is especially wonderful for children.