Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #21

Re: I'm furious!!!

[quote=Matron;520836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal.

I dont either but you just dont leave your animals especially when they have only been with you for 14 days alone for the weekend??? Not even fresh food or water daily. If she had her priorities then the b/f could have stayed at hers.
I have to agree with Matron on this one. If i had to leave my cats for any length of time, I would arrange for some one to be either looking in on them and feeding them or staying over with them. And I wouldnt want them to be let out doors either. As a pet sitter, the cats i have looked after were either indoor or had their outdoor access removed for the duration of the owners holiday as the last thing I want is to be responsible for some one elses cat to go missing under my care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #22

Yes, I was being judgemental Rosie, as I said, in my opinion this woman had made a wrong judgement call. It's ok to have a boyfriend/social life/work commitment but she has a responsibility to those cats too.
I think we all speak freely on this forum. I'm giving my mate Matron a 'hear,hear' to her feelings, because I happen to agree with them.
No offence intended.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Yes, I was being judgemental Rosie, as I said, in my opinion this woman had made a wrong judgement call. It's ok to have a boyfriend/social life/work commitment but she has a responsibility to those cats too.
I think we all speak freely on this forum. I'm giving my mate Matron a 'hear,hear' to her feelings, because I happen to agree with them.
No offence intended.

As do I ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #24

Same here! Cats can't be expected to get themselves food out of a tin or packet and water out the tap! After one week they will still want to try to find their way back to where they used to live!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese
18-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #25

I think that is awful - when I had China from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks in the garden with a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the did not check her out properly or she told a pack of lies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine
I think that is awful - when I had China from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks in the garden with a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the did not check her out properly or she told a pack of lies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine
I think that is awful - when I had Chino from the CP in July I kept him in the house for 3 weeks, then 3 weeks outside on a harness before I let him out by himself - I feel the RSPCA did not check her out properly or else she told a pack of lies

You do realise you've posted the same message twice Jasmine?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
19-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #27

Apparently he has come home late last night. Starving but safe.

I hope she learns through her mistake but realistically I doubt it.

Friends no more I'm afraid. I shall tolerate her at work however

I'm still furious with her and I know those poor kitties are going to be left again. What do I do????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #28

Good!
Maybe she has learnt?
Maybe she will get one of those automatic feeders for future weekends away?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #29

Glad he's returned; wonder if she's learned a lesson or will continue in her ways......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic cats
19-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #30

Thats not nice for them poor cats,how could anybody do that. So irresponsable of her. I only hope they find the missing cat and the other one is ok,poor little things.