Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #11

Re: I'm furious!!!

That's horrible! What a stupid, stupid woman; I hope the little boy makes his way back home.... but I doubt if she's learned a thing....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #12

People have very bad attitudes about cats. I hate this 'oh, they're independent and can look after themselves' thing. It's just an excuse for being a lazy (at best) and negligent (at worst) pet owner

She too would be an ex-friend of mine I'm afraid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #13

Sounds like her previous cat had to look after himself, and she expected these two to do the same.....I would not give her a stuffed cat!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #14

Bloody hell, I'd be mad too. Its always the animals/children who suffer over selfishness. I hope the missing kitty is ok.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
18-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #15

Sorry about one of the cats disappearing but that apart I have to disagree with you.

I have myself and know many other people who have left their cats at home for the weekend with food. I know people who leave their cats at home when they go on holiday with someone coming in to feed them. I think the cats prefer the comfort of their own home to being stuck in a cattery for a fortnight. As regard to letting them out after a week that is debateable.

Sometimes I have to work through the night - my neighbours feed my animals and they are perfectly fine. I honestly don't see the problem with leaving your cat for a couple of days providing it has food and either sufficient cat litter or access to the outdoors.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #16

I think the problem is Rosie that the cats have only been at the house for one week. Not time to have settled in and got to know the area. I too have left my kitties for the weekend, with their automatic feeder, and everything else they need. Although mine don't go outside. That's not what people are upset about (I don't think)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #17

Seems this woman had other priorities in her life ( ie, a boyf) so she should evaluate her lifestyle and consider if having two cats was a whim that compensated for lack of her kids' dad around or a genuine desire to care for defensless animals. If the latter, for Gawd's sake get a grip girl, and stepup to the plate! If they were, as I suspect, a 'gift' to her kids then, sorry, but she should give them back to the shelter.
In the light of the missing cat though, maybe it'll shake her out of her self- centeredness. Please come home kitty
Just my opinion, hard as it is, I can't be doing with people seeing animals as 'props' for other problems.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
18-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #18

The problem was that the cats are new, not settled in yet, don't know their names and no neighbours were feeding them so stale food left out.

I feel like reporting her to be honest back to the RSPCA but I know she will know its me and I have to work with her.

I hope the missing pussy has chosen himself his forever home and gets properly cared for like he so deserves.

God I'm still fuming!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
18-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #19

I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal. If her previous cat lived until it was 16 I think that is a fair indication that she looked after it well. Sorry but I think you are a little too judgemental.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
18-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #20

[quote=Rosie;520825]I don't think having a "boyf" means you cannot care for an animal.

I dont either but you just dont leave your animals especially when they have only been with you for 14 days alone for the weekend??? Not even fresh food or water daily. If she had her priorities then the b/f could have stayed at hers.