Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
16-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #11

Re: Picking up Elvis today! :D

hiya all!

well just have been sitting with Elvis all this time & i fell asleep at 7 & woke up at 9!

Elvis doesn't look too impressed to be honest, his very quiet, Tay & him have already seen each other Tay manged to slip past me and run in the lounge! both backs went up Elvis was meowing, well making a high pitched noise! & walking torwards him & taylor just stared while backing off! picked up Tay and put him outside again...then it went back to normal!!

Elvis has eaten...alot! i took some pics (post em later) he gave me a look of disgust when i showed him his litter tray! as hell only go outdoors, but he went twice! cats are soo clever, they just know!

poor Tay has been in the kitchen all night, we pop out to check on him & he then gave us big cow eyes & sulked and refused to leave his basket!

just hope this week goes quick & they fall in love and play together! haha! dreams can come true!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #12

I hope so too xxx
I dont know if any of this will help but this is some of the things that we did while trying to introduce Bernie into the house.
I have a dog cage which we set up as a safe place for Bernie. At feeding times, Bernie was in the cage and we fed Eva at a distance that was comfortable for her to eat but in view of Bernie. We gradually moved her bowls closer and closer.
If Eva was outside in the garden, we would let Bernie have access to the flat so that he could scent it that way too.
Loads of feliway and rescue remedy.
It took Eva 6 months to accept him, I hope you have a smoother transition than that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #13

I hope it goes well too; don't please hope for instant bonding, as Elvis is an elderly cat and will take some time to adjust to the new regimen. Extra TLC for Tay! Pleased to hear Elvis is eating well and accepted the litter box!

Catsey Senior

17-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #14

lol oh i dont im not hoping for Any bonding to be honest! i doubt they will get along what so ever!

been a nightmare of a day, so far the cats have both turned into Houdini and opened doors and now manged to meet each other 4 times!

both times backs went up, then Tays went down & he just sat down and looked the other way & they both touched noses?? i cant find anything about it in the book so no idea, maybe saying hello?!

Elvis is now stressed wouldn't use his litter trey (i have 2 of them now ) and his refusing to eat today, his ripped up my hand as i had to do his medication i do it literally everyday so he knows what happens but his obviously more stressed out today so it isn't his fault.

Tay gets excited and then runs off...then excited about a new cat! Elvis has now been to the loo after i put it upstairs & he has used it!
thank god as he was holding it in poop was coming out so i had to clean the carpets!

his eaten some hand feed (his a baby!) treats no food although its the good stuff he loves, although he did eat last night & drink alot of milk!

he knows where Tay is and hears him meowing & trying to open the door & ripping up the carpet to get to me!

all fun and games, im knackered and its only 2pm!!!!

to top it off i dropped a plate and stood on it & cut my foot open its alot harder than i thought having to swap it all around but its better for them in the long run to introduce them so ill stick at it!

Elvis is now under the bed & wont come out Tay is in the lounge waiting for me to come back! ARGH!

Catsey Senior

17-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #15

they saw each other again Elvis came down the stairs from under the bed! & i left the lounge door open, Tay walks out, he never meows or makes a sound! Elvis's back went up & he makes a very high pitch 'owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!' and Tay just sat down & was like 'eh!?' lol!

i think Tay may have lifted his paw and Elvis swiped him one! he run off and hid! Elvis was like 'yes that taught you!' Tay poor thing was hiding like 'this is my house *sniff!*'

both were fine though both purring seconds later! Elvis is now on the bed! and Tay is asleep downstairs.!

I called Elvis down when Tay was asleep...he had his paw over his face & was on the sofa so i knew nothing could happen & Elvis snuck in & looked at him...........snuck over ate some of his food & legged it out of the room!! was so funny Tay didnt even wake up!

another day tom i guess!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #16

Pinching the food, that's a funny story! Sounds as if they'll get along, or at least tolerate one another now.

Catsey Senior

18-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #17

lol! it was quite funny i didn't want to stop him as i would have had to move or make my voice higher & it would have woke Tay up & i wanted him to stay asleep to show that he isn't a threat or anything!

but the speed he ran off after stealing some...so funny! he Knew it was Tays food aswell, its like 'i got one up on you! haha!!'

they had another meeting I left the door open & called Elvis down he came in & i called him up to the sofa, but he sat there & Tay was doing friendly eyes & sitting down going to sleep but Elvis just sat staring, i think Tay was trying anyway!!

then Tay stared yawning & stretching out.......... then Elvis yawned & stretched out..........then he went over to the sofa & did his claws put his tail in the air & went back upstairs! Tay was like 'mum! did you see that!! on the sofa!!!' so he came up to my sofa to do the same!!!

Tays been going mad for attentions keeps sitting on my face & chest sleeping every 10mins!

Elvis is kinda doing the same i am SO worn out out of the room every 5 mins to each of them! ARGH! and its 2am!! im just settling down! *ARGH!*