Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #1

similarities

me and OH were talking the other day about the stray colony kuan yin is from and how similar they are (they are originated and live at his work..her relatives..where she was found and soon adopted and spoiled!).
first off, all independent. no beggars or "pet me" cats there. then they will bite. kuan yin is the kind of cat that gets overexcited and love bites while she is purring at you sometimes. then they are notorious for being so curious they get themselves into sticky situations. there are cats all over that mill popping up out of machines, getting stuck in nets, etc. they're all over getting in trouble.
and with mau (her nickname) if i didn't constantly watch her curiosity would def kill the cat (like some of her relatives!). there has been MANY a time she's come very close to danger b/c of her curiosity and personality (very determined and independent) that if i wasn't there something bad would have happened.
even a four week old kitten bit my OH when he tried to pet it to the point of blood...that sounds familiar! (mau will be ruthless if she doesn't want any of what you are planning for her and she doesn't feel like doing it).
there is an old cat we suspect is her great grandmother that has three legs that people have been trying to catch for nearly ten years and going. she rules that place and has scars to prove it and not the most clever human has managed to outwit her..even the animal lovers! (mau is EXTREMELY smart to the point of walking under our st bernard to hide her intentions).
i imagine there are some tortie genes in her relatives, there must be..but even the non tortie colors seem to have the same attitude.
she was taken in at four weeks but sometimes her habits seem very feral!
can take the cat outta the street but the street not outta the cat in this case!
thought it was funny, my girl is such a character.
thanx for reading!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
15-11-2008, 04:22 AM   #2

Re: similarities

LOL! She sounds a like a real character!!!! What a sweetie.....knows what she wants and how to get it I bet LOL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #3

yep and no apologies for it..ever!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #4

I guess it's all those survival traits that have kept that colony going over the years Tink. Those sort of cats really don't need us to prosper.