Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #11

Re: Mice!

At least you were not welcomed by a headless one DM, they are frequent here!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
At least you were not welcomed by a headless one DM, they are frequent here!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #13

Beauty only ever brought one dead mouse home, even then it may not have been a mouse! Something dead and squeaky it was though!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #14

Good girl Leia for trying to get the pesky mouse! Has it shown up yet?

I agree with Angie, I couldn't kill one myself, especially via a mouse trap. I'd probably catch it and release it to the wild. But I have no qualms with a cat catching them, as that's natural

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #15

In our unfortunate catless period after Scamper disappeared and Mom wouldn't let us have another one, we used traps. I don't really like them, but you can't have mice in the house. Leia is normally a very good mouser but this one was too quick for her and hid where she couldn't get it......I think. No signs of it again today and the Princess is not in mousing mode .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
14-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #16

Personally i have never had mice but in my new place they said they had trouble with mice a few times, I suppose as it backs onto an open field, the neighbors have had them too and under the floor and in the attic was littered with traps and a poison box in the garden.

I too would have to go the humane route if I got them here but if the cats got them well thats just nature isn't it, I wouldn't mind that but I couldn't poison or trap the poor wee b****rs, i'm far too soft! Got my dad to safely remove all the traps and haven't had any visitors...yet...

I know Tucker and Vitaani are very good hunters, not sure about the rest as they have never really ventured out but even Tarny and Tuck only go out on harnesses 'til the garden it cat-proofed but I don't suppose they'd ever loose the skill would they, I think Ani will be a good hunter too should he ever get the chance.

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #17

Random, Leia is a house cat and always has been; not harness trained like the others as she's for some weird reason scared of outdoors! But instinct apparently is so ingrained that she knew exactly what to do with mice without ever being taught, and the one time we had a RAT! she didn't mess about with the toying with them thing like with mice but killed it instantly with the nape bite! And it was a very large rat! I am so proud of her!

Cats owned: siamese cross
14-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #18

Be grateful it is only mice.

My two bring home slow worms!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
14-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Random, Leia is a house cat and always has been; not harness trained like the others as she's for some weird reason scared of outdoors! But instinct apparently is so ingrained that she knew exactly what to do with mice without ever being taught, and the one time we had a RAT! she didn't mess about with the toying with them thing like with mice but killed it instantly with the nape bite! And it was a very large rat! I am so proud of her!
I suppose then having 6 at least one of them is bound to do the job! I can't ever see Princess getting her paws dirty though, she has certainly lived up to her name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiepem
Be grateful it is only mice.

My two bring home slow worms!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #20

I like slow worms!