Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #1

Mice!

Or at least one mouse! Last evening Leia was acting strangely, kept crawling under the loveseat and back out; restless, not napping after dinner as she usually does before pre-bedtime playtime. She went back in and a very very small mouse darted out and promptly fled to the dining room , hotly pursued by my mouser, to hide under the china cabinet, which is too low for Leia to get under. She proceeded to stand guard by it the rest of the evening, and did not come up to bed until sometime in the wee hours.

So, I don't know if she got it (no small corpse this morning) or if it's still at large! And if it was an outlier, or brought it's family with it!

Oh, the joys of Autumn when the field mice decide to Winter indoors!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #2

Re: Mice!

Oh dear, do you think Leia failed in her mission and the mouse is still at large?
Eva herself was really demanding to be let out this morning, so i let her and with in 5 minutes she was runing back upstairs with a mouse between her teeth

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #3

The mouse didn't play fair, Elaine! It hid where she couldn't get at it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #4

Poor little thing! Did you expect it to come out with a white flag of surrender???

We have only had mice (so far!) in the garage, which is now MIL's annexe. Merlin is a rubbish mouser, Smudge was the rodent operative and Chloe next door's female cat, next door's male Smokey Joe also doesn't seem to turn a whisker. Those lazy boys! I used to set humane traps baited with honey and peanuts and then take the mice for a walk! Stupid, yes, I know!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
13-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #5

Ooo a mouse in the house! Wonder where it went off to...hopefully outside!

Our boy Snowball who otherwise just likes to lay around was acting strange like Leia was but with our couch. He kept putting his head underneath the couch & making little meowing sounds. We had no idea what was going on at this point. The other cats tried to come towards him & he would let out a big growl. He popped his head out with a white mouse in his mouth! Snowball never catches anything so he was proud of himself even though it was unfortunate for the mouse

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKatz
Ooo a mouse in the house! Wonder where it went off to...hopefully outside!

Our boy Snowball who otherwise just likes to lay around was acting strange like Leia was but with our couch. He kept putting his head underneath the couch & making little meowing sounds. We had no idea what was going on at this point. The other cats tried to come towards him & he would let out a big growl. He popped his head out with a white mouse in his mouth! Snowball never catches anything so he was proud of himself even though it was unfortunate for the mouse
HK, it's been my experience over the years that once they come in, they never go out! Like Hotel California! But Leia gets them all in the end. She's been completely relaxed all afternoon so it's either well hidden somewhere or she's stashed it away in a hidey place to play with later, ugh! Two years ago she found a quite dead mummified one that she'd tucked away, brought it out and I had the delightful experience of stepping on it barefoot in the dining room!!! Not the sort of thing you forget....

Congratulations to Snowball, the mighty hunter!

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Poor little thing! Did you expect it to come out with a white flag of surrender???

We have only had mice (so far!) in the garage, which is now MIL's annexe. Merlin is a rubbish mouser, Smudge was the rodent operative and Chloe next door's female cat, next door's male Smokey Joe also doesn't seem to turn a whisker. Those lazy boys! I used to set humane traps baited with honey and peanuts and then take the mice for a walk! Stupid, yes, I know!!!
Oh, I asked for that, didn't I? For all you know, Angie, Merlin may have woven a protective "anti-mouse" spell to protect the house so he needn't bother!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #8

Now funny you should say that Eileen .........

Before we started on the extension and conversion of the garage, I did have a word with The Great Mouse! There was a programme on TV here and there were a couple of mouse charmers that did that to banish mice from a cottage. Seemingly it worked, so I did the same!!!!

Spookily it worked for me too, so (don't say anything to the wizard) it MAY have been my spell and not his.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #9

Aww Bless her, she probably waited all night for it to come out....

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #10

Maybe. She wasn't in bed when I turned the lights and TV off about 12:30, but was about 5 am when I got up to go to the loo.