Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
10-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #1

Visit to local rescue

My friend and I went to our local rescue on Saturday to take food and a donation following an appeal.

I was absolutely bowled over by the number of cats they had in and how well they all seemed. There were still a number of kittens and many adult cats of all shapes and sizes including some stunning cats that you couldn 't imagine finding themselves in rescue.

After a year in rescue they are kept as "resident" cats and they were everywhere - inside and out. They had their own soffas inside and their own sleeping hutches outside. They all looked happy and well.

Unlike dog pounds/rescue you don't get that rushing to the bars with the "please please take me look". I didn't leave thinking "poor things I can't bear it", more like my spirits were lifted about how well they all seemed. Typical cats though - give them a warm bed and food and they don't seem to care where they are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #2

Re: Visit to local rescue

Glad to hear that you found that all the cats at your local rescue seemed happy and contented.

What a commitment, time and money wise too for the people who run the rescue. Our local P@H has a collection point for food for a local cat rescue - it's an excellent way of disposing of unused sachets of food when Merlin "goes off" one sort!