Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #11

Re: plea for help!

You'll be awash with ideas and suggestions - so I just wanted to say that I hope your move goes well and to say "good for you" for taking on the care of the poor cat.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
05-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss
aww that is really nice of you!!

do you know what food he eats? id stick to that & just go really slowly!

do you know anything abotu what vets he went too? im sure if he goes out his prob neutered/spayed and vacd already!

cant wait for pics!!
Hi,

No idea what food he's on OH called round yesterday at the house to have a last look before setting off back here and the lady who's been looking after the cat told him its a boy but she's no idea what he's called they've been calling him Blackie poor cat not only has it lost its owners but also it's identity

Matthew my eldest wants to name him Paddy so we would have a Max and Paddy OH says he's very freindly followed him round and was after attention i think the poor things lonely Can't wait to get over there and take care of him.

If we have no idea of his name and she's been looking after him whats the chances of finding out about vets nil i reckon will just have to start from scratch and when we have his confidence take him to the vets i'll be using for Max

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #13

I cannt think of anything other than what has already been suggested.
Wish you all well though and hope it all works out just fine, I am sure it will xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #14

I think that is going to be one lucky cat!
Compared with dogs, they are really easy to look after, and this poor character who's had to look after himself for so long, is likely to be delighted to have people of his own once again.
It doesn't matter what you call him. He'll soon get used to your voices and your tones and will pick out the tone which means you are talking to him and likely to stroke him, or, better still, going to feed him.
If you start off feeding him on what the neighbour has been giving him, you can make any adjustments you feel necessary as time goes by.
I hope you'll keep us posted as to how it's going

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
11-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #15

Morning everyone,

Gosh its cold here in yorkshire, The boys and i have been living in the rented house now for a week and Jack the cat( the landlords tells us thats his name) seems to have accepted us well, he no longer lives in the garage but comes to the door to be let in.

We are getting on ok, I've carried on the same food he was on but its a cheap brand so am in the process of swapping him over to a premium complete food. He's desperate for attention climbs on your knee and kneads your legs then starts sucking and licking your clothes Is this a kind of security thing feeling safe etc?

I cant find out which vets they used the family have no idea so ive got a cat carrier and later this week im going to try and take him to the vets. he's very tolerant ive managed to get a collar on him hopefully i will be able to install a magnetic cat flap soon, and hes let me worm and flea him.. poor cat

I do feel really sorry for him though cause i know whats coming next Max the retriever should arrive in two weeks no idea how they will get on i just hope that Jack doesnt leave home

I have no internet at home until Thursday and having to use relations P.C's but once we are up and running photos will follow..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #16

I bet it's cold in Yorkshire after Spain LOL!!!

Great to hear that you've arrived, have settled in and most importantly that Jack is making himself at home. I do think that the kneading and sucking is some kind of reaction to finding affection. But how sweet

I hope the introductions with Max go well, take it very slowly and (fingers crossed) it should be a success.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #17

Hello! I was wondering how things had gone for you.

Jack has really landed on his feet hasn't he. He sounds a real sweetie and yes, I think, the kneading and sucking shows him to be content (and maybe just a little insecure?) If you don't like the clothes sucking (it really doesn't do knitwear any good!) just move him off gently.
I think 3 weeks of having you and the house to himself will give him enough security to accept he's going to share with Max.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #18

So glad to hear that you and Jack are getting along so well, fingers crossed that Jack and Max will get along just fine too. xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
11-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #19

aww he sounds like he is training YOU very well!!!

i love it when they suck your clothes & poke you about with there paws!! so funny!

id introduce them slowly and maybe think about getting a Feliway? and plug it in starting now really! and if you have anything of Max's (max & paddy would have been such a good name!) about let him get used to the smell!

that is what i have done as my bringing my older cat to live with my mew cat on Sunday so i have made sure they both have blankies that both have slept on etc Tay wasnt impressed & Elvis couldn't have cared less about them!

here is the link for the Feliway (oh and check on Ebay always cheaper!

http://www.feliway.uk.com/