Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #1

Sunny Sunny SAturday

Well as the title says sunny Saturday is here in Birmingham. A little cold when outside but lovely to look out at.

Not planning on doing a lot today but there again not done a lot for a few weeks now so nothing different

Have a good day all. Those away on trips enjoy yourselves and safe journey.

Yola hope the cat situation is a little better and everyone enjoy.

Mags the card and cheque arrived safely Thanks......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunny SAturday

It's lovely and sunny here in Hampshire too Both cats were out in the garden very early this morning soaking up the rays, OH is about to cut the lawn, I'll restrict myself to nothing more than a little light dusting as I feel a little lazy today! Actually I've got to psyche myself up to trimming the dogs feet which he resists a bit cockers get such hairy feet and then they act like floor mops! One, but only one, of his nails grows a bit oddly with a sort of hook on the end which he tries to nibble and it ends up awfully rough so I suppose I'd better trim that too It's quite odd as all his other nails are short and smooth!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #3

Morning all!

It's a lovely sunny day here also, the cold wind has gone and it's starting to warm up at last. Hoping to get into the garden this afternoon and start my hanging baskets ..... everything seems so behind this year

Kazz, pleased to hear you are still obeying doctor's orders and taking things easy ...... that's the safest and quickest way to get better
Glad the post arrived!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #4

Hi Everyone! Warming up nicely here too - OH is planting the runner beans out today as they have outgrown the cold frame. They have two chances ...................

I really want to get outside but I have urgent work again today. Do I get it out the way or do it tomorrow when rain is forecast? Ho hum ................. decisions!

Can I suggest that we all raise a glass or mug this afternoon/evening to toast Eileen's Birthday? Happy Birthday Dandysmom!

Have a brilliant weekend everyone.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
15-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #5

hi all its been a wee while since ive been around...
have had such a busy time of it here have barely had time to keep on top of the housework let alone spend time "playing" on the computer...

from the quick look ive had this evening i see that Kazz is being a good girl... glad to hear that you are resisting the urge to break drs orders and that you are healing... slowly, slowly does it...

We have been run off our feet here... FINALLY got David's parents into a nursing home... of course they aren't happy... they want to go home.. they dont like it there... the people are strange/mean/shifty looking/not attractive/smelly.... you think of it... we've heard it!
Of course Davids mother has dementia but his father is being especially trying... he abuses/insults/bullies his wife of 63 years to the extent that she is in tears at least once a day.. he hasn't been diagnosed with dementia...his memory is pretty good for 88 but he is increasingly behaving like a spoilt petulant child whenever things dont go his way... nothing is ever good enough and we have been trying to get things sort out up there with getting them shifted in.. cleaning out the house...changing bills.. all that sort of thing.. and this is made a lot more difficult given that they live a 6 hour round trip from us

I hope everyone and their fur babies are doing well...the weather will warming up for you all over the other side of the world... its getting cold here and i dont like it one bit... I'm not even able to say to myself... "put up with it for a wee while because soon you will be enjoying some sun in Europe" because we aren't going overseas this year... because of too much going on

hopefully in the next few weeks we should bet back to some form of normalcy...until then... i will pop in when i get a chance...

take care

Jo, George, HRH Princess Harry and Charlie dog

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about your difficulties Jo. I should have read your post before sending my PM - apologies if it sounded insensitive. Hope everything manages to settle soon. Would love to see HRH and Charlie again when you can manage it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Morning all!

It's a lovely sunny day here also, the cold wind has gone and it's starting to warm up at last. Hoping to get into the garden this afternoon and start my hanging baskets ..... everything seems so behind this year

Kazz, pleased to hear you are still obeying doctor's orders and taking things easy ...... that's the safest and quickest way to get better
Glad the post arrived!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Mags remember the saying cast not a clout till May is out....

Not doing any of my baskets till June with the weather at the moment being a bit whishy washy....but you are South so best of luck.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Mags remember the saying cast not a clout till May is out....

Not doing any of my baskets till June with the weather at the moment being a bit whishy washy....but you are South so best of luck.
I won't put them out yet Kazz, I pot them up and get them established undercover for a week or so.

It really is a nice, warm sunny day here ..... it must be difficult for you to resist the urge to get out in your garden

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #9

Hi all, sunny here but a bit cooler than yesterday, 19 C (66 F), but very brisk winds make it feel cooler than it is. No lie in, had to go to the library and liquor store, going to just potter about as I have no particular plans for the day. Am ordering in my favorite Chinese tonight for the birthday!

Jo, been wondering how you were, sorry to hear of the family problems and that you won't escape Winter this year. Glad to hear most everyone seems to be having sunshine!

Enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #10

After a lovely day having my nails done and my hair coloured (full head . . . I was in there 4 1/2 hours ) I came home to the fragrant aroma of Balie's runny poo all over the floor Not angry, just a bit miffed that he clouded my sunny day.Hope that answers your question Karen - thanks for the thoughtful PM yesterday btw - much appreciated!

OH has taken the boys down to Bristol by train to see the SS Great Britain. Dominik has been studying I K Brunel at school so to go through Box Tunnel AND see the ship in one day has been very exciting. They're just setting off home now so should be back in a little over an hour.

I'm going to crack through the ironing now which will leave me the evening free. Have to get up bright and early as Dominik has a mock ballet exam at 0900 tomorrow morning so no late nights tonight for either of us.