Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #1

Dull Friday

Morning all,

Its cloudy here with dark ish clouds...9c

Yesterday I said my mums uncle was opposite my grandad in the hospital... Well my mums uncles wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, so that's really not good...
I think my grandads gonna be coming out today, the doctor said something about fat being on his liver...

Anyhow, only 9 moe days till I go and see p!nk at the M.E.N Arena Manchester (screams excitedly )

Nothin much happening today her, might nip to asda after.

Have a nice day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: Dull Friday

Hi. Sorry to hear that Janey83.
I'm off to work now. Doing visits today so not in the office, yeah! Had a long day there yesterday and didn't get home from work until 9pm. Not good, but feel better having caught up with a few things.
Have had a call about a possibly pregnant cat so may take her in later. Will call the people and see what the situation is. not much else happening. Oh we're all off to the Drs later as we are moving practice and off to see the nurse and register at the new one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #3

Morning. Feeling a bit better but still had a hot and uncomfortable night (went to bed at 7 yesterday and slept right through )! Need to pick up the boys' prescriptions this morning and then head to the garden centre to get more wood for our raised beds and also get a big bag of topsoil ordered to fill the raised beds!

It's pouring with rain here so water proof jackets all around when we go out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #4

Hi all

7c here today but feels so much colder because there is a strong easterly wind. Had 'ice cream' ears after walking dogs this morning, should have known to wear a hat.

Feed delivery truck arrived at 5.45 am today - when do these guys start? Well that was a good aerobic work out as it was 60 bags to be taken off truck and I can't just stand back and watch.

Alfie stuck half a nose out the door and has taken up residence in front of the fire, looks as if he and Cali are going to be fighting for the front.

A day to do work indoors I think.

Sorry to hear you have another unwell relative janey83, I hope things improve and treatment is successful.

I suppose this is the start of kitten season smudgely? or is it still a bit early?

Yola - hope you enjoy your day, you've had a rotton week. Garden centre visits always perk me up!

Enjoy your day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #5

It's beautiful here - not a cloud in the sky and 71F forecast (sorry to be in US-speak, they don't give forecasts in centigrade. I guess that's about 20C isn't it?) OH is working all day, so I guess I'll just have to sit by the pool with my book - sigh. A hard life but .... I'm annoyed becuse I managed to get some sunburn on my ankes yesterday ... I'm normally very careful; I don't know how I managed to under-protect them. Sorry it's a poor UK day- though actually I'm kinda pleased that there's rain, so the allotment doesn't frazzle whilst I'm not there.
I have no news to report but I still think the Chester news is sufficient for the next few months!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #6

Hi all, Spring is here today, cloudless blue sky and 15 C already before lunch...will probably have the porch door open this afternoon so herself can go in and out as she pleases. I've played doorman all thru the cold months. To the bank and market, plan some garden work this afternoon..too nice to be indoors.

Janey, sorry about your news. Yola, glad you got a decent sleep, what a poor week you've had. DM, sending you a weather link that will give you Celsius as well as Fahrenheit. So so sorry you have to sit by a pool and read .......

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #7

Afternoon all I have a lovely work free w/e to look forward to. My best friend was going to visit but she's ill with a bad back so prefers to stay put in Plymouth, and I agree, no sense in changing beds or being stuck in a car for the best part of three hours travelling up to us.

Yola, your insomnia must be contagious as I had a bad night last night with a hot flush and stiff shoulder. Really could not believe the alarm went off just as I got fairly comfortable... argh!

DM enjoy your sunny hols, which part of the States are you at? hope janey's relies all get well soon, and better luck with the new doc , Kelly. CM, I'd have stood and watched , but brave girl! and DM can' t wait for the warm weather fronts to waft trans-Atlantic again, we need the heat on our old bones here!

laters x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #8

Hiya all

Been to work now back taken Sal out and had dinner a microwavable curry lovely it was....

Off back to work shortly to buy some wood I want to build a raised bed and move the pegola thingy to by the shed to make a work area and hopefuly that will release the right hand side of the garden, its been buggong me of late. So perola moving tomorrow me thinks...may try moving it in one section....7ft x 8ft of it. wish me luck.

Have to tidy the garden tomorrow too....the wind has taken a lot of the tulip flowers off.