Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #1

Thundery Thursday

Weather report: dark grey skies and lots of gloom but heavy too, seems it could chuck a downpour.

Much brighter news, the wanderer Chester has been found S&S, thanks to the microchip and some caring soul I assume. Yippppeee! DM, will have a much better holiday now

Posh was subdued yesterday but the watery nose cleared up and she slept long times and wanted a lot of cuddling. I think she was just off her food and needed warmth. Today she's much better, ate a good breakfast, now in the window watching the world go by.

Afternoon shift again, so doing washing/ironing stuff this morning. OH has taken Tom off for the morning for me to get on.

Catch you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #2

Re: Thundery Thursday

Well I'm at home with the two horrors until next Thursday when they go back to school (can't come soon enough). They're already getting on each others - and my - nerves! I'm not happy by the prospect of rain today and tomorrow either as I won't even be able to get them out to the park or to the allotment!

I had a dreadful night last night - high temp, shivvering but boiling hot too. Feeling a bit better after some powerful pain killers but I really could do with a day in bed. Sadly that's not to be as OH has an important meeting in the office which he must attend. So it's just me and the noise polution duo getting cabin fever due to the rubbish weather!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #3

Morning all. Dry here but very windy and overcast. Was hoping to get the grass cut at some point today so hope it stays dry for a wee while.

Yola - you are having a rotton time this week, I hope it burns itself out soon and you feel better and more able to cope with school hols and office demands.

Going off to local farm shop to get some supplies and have a nosy round their new craft section.

OH permanantly exhausted as he's up at 5.30 am and bed at 11pm with all the demands of lambing time. Although I've taken this week off to help I am limited in what I can do. Hopefully most will have had their babies by next week. At least it has been mostly dry and not too cold this year.

Enjoy your day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #4

Hello everyone! Kizzy has been to the vet this morning for her first inoculation and a registration check. Nice young lady vet. Kizzy was SO GOOD and apart from wandering off the scales, she didn't put a paw wrong. The vet was impressed with how well she behaved. The vet's opinion was that her wind and looseness is all due to her changes recently and hopes everything will settle down soon. Kizzy was 3.5 kilos and probably still a little under weight, although she is quite a slight cat. Follow up jab in 3 weeks time. I am definitely falling in love with her - she is such a poppet. I was talking to one of the vet nurses who has heard strange things about the people in my local CP branch, not unlike some things that other people have found relating to rehoming issues. They are not all like our lovely Smudgley - oh no!!!

So sorry to hear that you had a bad night Yola. You sound exhausted and in need of some R&R yourself.

Glad to hear that Posh has recovered and is taking an interest in things again.

Hope your lambing season doesn't last too much longer CM - your man must be made of good stern stuff to work such long hours. I am sure the sheep appreciate his care. Enjoy the visit to the farm shop.

Weather-wise it's a bit overcast here atm, but the sun keeps trying to break through. Had a bit of a mackerel sky this morning, so rain may not be far away. OH has mowed the lawns in case.

That's all from me for now. Isn't it wonderful that Chester has been found? I bet DM wanted to cancel her holidays immediately and go to wherever it is he is being kept. Probably not a good enough reason for holiday insurance firm - "much loved and feared lost cat has been found". I keep smiling to myself thinking about it. I am SO GLAD Kizzy has been microchipped.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
16-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #5

Afternoon all,

Hope your feeling better Yola, glad Chester has been found and glad Kizzy was good at the vets.

Its cloudy here and was trying to rain before... Think were just on the edge of all the thunder and rain thats forecast.

No news this end, My grandad is still in hospital, he's had an x-ray but the doctor hasn't been round to tell him whats up with him yet! Found out my mums uncle is in the same ward as him, opposite each other lol, very weird!

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #6

THE SUN IS OUT! Sorry to shout, but after two days of steady cold rain I needed this! Still a bit below normal temps, 13C but will make 17 by afternoon and even nicer tomorrow. Need to get out in the garden and see what's happened during the deluge. To the Safeway for some stuff, primarily Leia's favorite food which was once again unavailable when my order came...

Still elated about Chester! Janey, hope your granddad and uncle will be all right. Yola, you need a weekend off somewhere that will pamper you, you do sound so exhausted. CM, your poor OH! Hope lambing season will end soon and it won't be quite so hectic. Thanks for the Recipe Sticky! Glad Posh is better. Angie, delighted at the news about Kizzy, she sounds like such a dear little cat. I only had one who behaved beautifully at the vets, my lovely Dandy. She's a treasure!

Hope the weather stays OK for all, have a nice day.