Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
13-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #1

Bank holiday Monday

Hey all,

Its a nice day here again today so I can top up my tan even more.

Gonna have a BBQ later.

Tiddles is having a hyper moment Oh and he has swallowed an ear of his toy mouse .

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #2

Re: Bank holiday Monday

Bright, sunny and warm here too. Makes a change from the last 3 days I think there's something going round here - it's my and Domi's turn to feel woozy and shivery. Still, had a bit of a lie in and will now have a shower and tidy my neglected front garden. After weed n feeding the lawn it's growing like fury!

Angie - lovely to read you have little Kizzy with you (I read a book of that name as a child - about a little didakoi girl - great story) and that the journey there and back was uneventful. I too am looking forward to the pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #3

It's nice here too, after a rather dull spell of weather. I'm off to get the allotment sorted for a week's absence shortly.
Angie, I'm so pleased all went well and Kizzy has settled so easily - a match made in heaven!
Guess what happened this morning. Bentley went out for his morning perambulations and beating of the bounds at 7 am, as usual, or a little later than usual actually ........... and didn't come back . Didn't return about 7.30 as we would have expected. Wasn't there at 8 when I fed Dinah. Not 8.30, when I was hoarse from whistling and tweeting. Wasn't to be seen when I sent OH and Dinah out to walk the local roads and I stood at the sink washing some gardening equipment with my stomach turning somersaults .... I was just about to dig out the insurance documents to see if I could claim my air fare back (No way would I cross the Atlantic to morrow if he was missing) when he came in and screamed that he was very hungry and how much longer till breakfast! OH says he's been a little 'jumpy' with him a couple of times since, so I guess something spooked him. I've heard what sounds like a strange dog nearby - perhaps someone has visitors and a badly bahaved pooch?
I'm still not totally calm again - not my usual self at all. Hopefully the gardening will help
Have a good Easter Monday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #4

Oh my DM - that's not what you need at all! Bentley - you behave, young man. Who is looking after him while you are away and Dinah - do they go into kennel/cattery or do you have someone come in? Hope your gardening eases you from your worries.

Kizzy is currently finding all the little nooks and hidey-holes around the place that she can. Atm she is hiding behind the 2 drawer filing cabinet that has the printer on top, just to the right of my desk. Luckily, she doesn't seem to be a wire chewer. She has used her litter tray to good effect (3 poos!). She is however rather windy and smelly to boot, poor wee thing. Hopefully this may clear up once she has settled down. If anyone has any advice regarding flatulence, I'd be interested. I found a wonderful sounding product called Chicken Soup for your cat's soul ..... (or something like that) - had wonderful reviews about curing flatulence and being digestible and cats love it but it seems only available in USA.

The sky is blue here today and it is warm and lovely out. Hope the weather is nice where you are and that you all enjoy your Bank Holiday.

I am sorry to hear that you and Domi are feeling poorly, Yola. Hope you both feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #5

Much better now!
I've tidied the allotment and Bentley is doing his usual hanging around being nice.
Yola - hope your day is improving.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #6

Wet in Essex today, I have spend most of today eating Easter Eggs, watching Iceage 2 the meltdown and reading more info/planning bits for our wedding.

Have a good day everybody!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #7

Gloomy, overcast, only 6 C, with rain predicted from this evening thru Wednesday morning! We've only had about 2 Springlike days so far this Spring! At least the children won't have rain to cope with at the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House. Speaking of that, have you seen pics of the Obamas new puppy...a Portuguese water dog.

DM, relieved that Bentley is back from his walkabout...a few more grey hairs, eh?
Yola, hope you and Domi feel better soon. Janey, enjoy the BBQ! Angie, if you want some of that Chicken Soup thing let me know, I'll gladly order it for you, no problem. Please give Kizzy a cuddle from me.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #8

We're fine thanks. Still feeling a bit wobbly but a morning gardening here and then an afternoon at the allotment had me back in line (pretty much)
Phew DM - hairy moment there with Bentley

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #9

Hello, all!
Had a good dinner with friends last night for Easter. Their children were not able to come and they said they had to "adopt" us as their family, LOL. The gentlemen confessed to us on an earlier meeting that he had never received an Easter basket in his sixty some years on this planet. So me and OH decided to fix that! You should have seen his face light up, it felt like watching a child on Christmas to see him dig into that basket. He even started to play with the childrens toys and we had a round of ring toss for some chocolate, LOL. We don't usually celebrate Easter around here so it was nice to be invited over by them.
Things are settling down here a little. Might try to clean today. All the furries are good and spoiled as usual..
Have a good day, all!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #10

Glad you had a good Easter Tink, it sounds like you had a fun evening with your friends last night..