Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Morning all

It is lovely and warm here today. Loads to do including a washing and the dreaded hoover and dust!

Cali is lying out enjoying the sun and Alfie has found the hot spot on the carpet and is soaking up the rays.

Supposed to be having guests all day tomorrow but they are thinking of taking advatage of a 'deal' they seen advertised - 4 days in Malaga - £10 flights and £80 each for the hotel B&B.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

Go for it CM

Afternoon all,

Its sunny and cloudy here, 11c.

Not got much planned for today.

Oh yeah and im WELL allergic to Tiddles... last night watching tv was awful.
My eyes were watering and I couldn't keep them open,
My nose was blocked and running lol,
Had sneezing fits and sneezed every 10 mins,
My throat was itchy and so was my face,
and felt like I had 10 millions hairs in my throat...

Even though I suffered with Tigger for 16 years, last night was just really bad... Ive been around him for like and hour now and Ive sneezed twice and feels like there's a hair in my throat (but there ain't.)
I really don't know how I coped for 16 years feeling like that lol. (I love cats too much I guess)

Any how, have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #3

Poor Jane
You're like my son - he grew up with cats and Tizzie used to sleep on his bed but he's totally lost all tolerance now and has a dreadful time when he comes back here.
However, Piriteze or something like that will keep it in check, so off you go to buy some. You can get it at a supermarket, so no need for a pharmacy.
It's a quiet dull day here but better than the last 2 days. Went to see my mum yesterday - she has had a fall but is OK, other than being bruised and stiff. Fortunately (I suppose) it was purely mechanical - getting tangled with the vaccum and slipping out of slippers whilst walking backwards (!), so she's banned slippers from now on and been ordered to only walk forward with the vaccuum! Her doc said she is fortunate and probably has good dense bones, otherwise it could well have been a broken hip!
I really should be thinking about packing. I know everything I might want to take will be clean but I bet some will need pressing. Ho hum.
Have a good Saturday. Thinking of you CM - so sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
11-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Poor Jane
You're like my son - he grew up with cats and Tizzie used to sleep on his bed but he's totally lost all tolerance now and has a dreadful time when he comes back here.
However, Piriteze or something like that will keep it in check, so off you go to buy some. You can get it at a supermarket, so no need for a pharmacy.
They dont work on me, Ive been taking somethin similar that are stronger coz I have really bad hay fever as well... They still dont work though.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey83
They dont work on me, Ive been taking somethin similar that are stronger coz I have really bad hay fever as well... They still dont work though.
Jane, have you tried the trick of putting a little bit of vaseline just inside your nostrils..... it helps to reduce the symptoms..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #6

CM - what can I say? Go for that holiday if you possibly can. ((((HUGS))))

What a shame Janey - you'll have to stop cuddling little Tiddles! I've been asthmatic since I was a baby but found I acquired a tolerance with Merlin and could snuggle my nose into his fur without any problems - couldn't do it with my Smudgie however, her coat must have been made up differently.

I was going to post a picture of the chocolate cake that OH and I made, but photobucket is so busy, it's taking forever to upload. I'll post it later!

OH, MIL and I are travelling up the the West Midlands tomorrow to pick up little Kizzy (previously Kelly Cat or tabby cat) who is in care of Cat Protection. It will be a long day so I probably won't be able to Catsey tomorrow. I hope to have good news for you all on Monday.

Enjoy your Easter.

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #7

You are all welcome to have a slice. My presentation needs some work, but the "crumbs" have been sampled and are delicious!

This is the second most complicated cake I've made. The first was a chequer board effect and I made it for my husband not long after we'd married. Ah, young love

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

You are all welcome to have a slice. My presentation needs some work, but the "crumbs" have been sampled and are delicious!

This is the second most complicated cake I've made. The first was a chequer board effect and I made it for my husband not long after we'd married. Ah, young love
Mmmm... that looks delicious Angie, is it a chocolate fudge cake?

Can we have the recipe please, it always nice to try new things

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=12497

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #9

It's posted Mags! Not a chocolate fudge cake though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #10

Wet day here today, was hoping to go out in the garden and do some tidying up but have been relaxing with a book and the tv instead. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday I will be able to get out in the garden.

Fantastic cake Angie !!!