Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #1

Super Sunday

And a nice day it is too!
Well it looks good out there, not that I have ventured out yet. Have done my morning chores, fed the furkids and changed Posh's litter tray, which she promptly soils again!
My niece is 18 today. She was the first baby I delivered after my qualification papers came through so I refer to her as my firstborn , so sweet then, a mass of blonde hair and a peaches and cream complexion on her pretty little face. Her mother, my SIL, was superb, very calm and in control and needed no pain relief. She looked serene after the birth, I looked a wreck! having a part tonight so must get all prepared and pamper meself later
Til then, just the usual Sunday things, newspapers and tidy-ups, a small roast dinner today, pork fillet and roast veg.
see you laters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #2

Re: Super Sunday

Morning all,

It was frosty here this morning and 1c its now 11c.

My bro and his gf are coming up today as its her birthday and we are having a buffet type thing here... hopefully it will stay nice and we can sit in the garden...

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #3

Hope the weather stays good for both parties - Happy Birthday to PP's niece and Janey's brother's gf! Lovely blue sky and sunny here. Bit late up.

I am on tenterhooks thinking about the possibility of having a little Tabitha or Kelly cat coming to live with me. I keep seeing a little furry face looking at me. OH says "don't get your hopes up" but I can only think of a couple of reasons why it might fall through. Her owner turns up and claims her, her fosterer decides to keep her (after all 6 cats hardly take more looking after than 5!) Smudgley and Kazz decide she's not for me ....... Yes, I know that's 3 reasons.

Will she be upset by Merlin's scent???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #4

Phew - what a busy day! I went off to clear a bit of ground and plant my potatoes (2 rows) The 'bit' of ground was much more difficult than I anticipated which meant I was working from 8.30 till 1. Got back and cooked the 'lunch', which came in a bit late at 2.30, but went down a treat - with me at least; I was starving!

PP - have the most lovely party. I had a 'relationship' with my delivering midwife too - in all her years 'on the District' I was her only xmas day delivery, and she kept in touch with my Mum all her life. A fierce Scottish spinster lady - when she said Push I guess you just got on and pushed!

Janey - lovely party to you too - I hope the weather works out nice for you

Angie - I read your news earlier. I'm so excited for you! I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work out. You'll be hoping Kazz has an early day off this week!

I'm now very sleepy - hours working in the sun, duck breast and rhubarb crumble (second feed of lovely new season rhubarb), and a couple of glasses of wine. I think I could actually snuggle down now, but best not!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
05-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #5

Afternoon all,
Still recovering after the night before, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and we went out for the night-got the cab back home at 3.30am
It's a lovely day here though so I've done all my laundry and hung it on the line and been out for a lovely walk with Kindly.
Hope you both have lovely parties PP and Janey.
Angie, I'm sure everything will work out perfectly for you and your new addition but positive vibes coming your way all the same!
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, I'm off for a little nap!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #6

Hi, all, a gorgeous early Spring day here, no wind, cloudless skies and 13 degrees now before noon. Walked to the market, lovely day for a walk after all the wind and rain lately (rain again tomorrow!). Did some more work in the garden; tried to get a pic of a noisy woodpecker, but he was too far up in the tree even with the zoom...
Lazy afternoon with the papers and crossword, shrimp creole for dinner tonight.

PP, Janey, hope you have lovely parties; DM, I need to PM you about my one potato in a pot! Questions. Angie, I can't think Merlin's scent would upset Kizzy; at least none of mine ever showed any reactions to the former cat's scent .... all will be well!

Hope it's a lovely day for all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #7

Hiya all been on a mission today and just waiting to hand my report in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #8

To whom? To us? About Kizzy?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #9

Karen has been a Special Agent today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-04-2009, 06:43 PM   #10

meaning what Angie??? do you have some news for us??