Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Hello! It's a much nicer day than yesterday, which turned out to be quite a disappointment, weather-wise.
I've been for a quick stint at the allotment and we've also had coffee and goodies in town. OH has gone to the gym, I'm just wondering what to do with the rest of the day.
I bought some everlasting wallflower at the market. I must confess to not knowing of the existence of such a plant, but they are very pretty, in a bright mauve/purple, with a tall central spike, in full flower now, and many many flowers to come later, on lateral shoots. Anyway, £5 for 4 x litre pots seemed not to bad at all.
Angie - nice to see you back posting in the 'Daily' yesterday. I hope you are feeling OK and - if I were you - I would contact CP again. It annoys me greatly that people just don't seem as dependable as previously, and commitments are broken so easily, but I have learnt just to keep on keeping on when I want something. Relying on others just doesn't work much of the time.
Oh dear - sounding a bit like Mrs I Don't Believe It there - sorry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

Morning DM and everyone else for later.

Its lovely here today, was raining at 5am. It about 11c here at the mo, theres some really big clouds lingering.

Im gonna be having a total relaxing day today, might sit out in the garden NOT watching the grand national (I hate it!)

Have a nice day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #3

Morning all - just morning, I admit but still morning.DM those everlasting wall flowers are great they are in purple as you have and a lovely orange colour too, when it gets a bit wild for its boots cut it back (not to drastic) and it comes back again great and fresh looking. I am at a loss today too not sure why, but I agree nice to see Angie back but have a kitten (two/three) from us in the West Mids we are quick to reply and can even arrange delivery. Going to have a bet or two on the national (I like it) so other than that and maybe pottering in the garden not much on.Take care and enjoy the weather all. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #4

Hi all, Rainy saturday here. Have been to supermarket and bought a 3d garden designer in the sale shelf. Looks quite good, I'm trying to figure out how to work it just now!

Got 2nd load of washing on and have dried off after walking dogs.

First lambs born this morning - really cute set of twins.

Enjoy the day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #5

Hello all! After such a lovely "welcome back", I couldn't let you down today, could I? Lovely blue sky, sunny warm day today. Been down to the compost heap to empty the Bokashi bin - you'd not believe how many worms are there! Had to quickly cover them up again, as Mr or Mrs Robin were beginning to look very interested. Can't see why they shouldn't have some - I like worms but they are a basic part of the food chain.

Keep talking about cats/kittens with OH - he is just as keen and so is MIL to have more little feet. Kazz - let me know what you've got in! Might be the "right ones"!

Sausages for supper! What are you all having???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #6

Sausages too! Spicey venison, known as Winter Warmers, with mashed potato and onion gravy - and probably the best part of a bottle of red wine. Mmmm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hello all! After such a lovely "welcome back", I couldn't let you down today, could I? Lovely blue sky, sunny warm day today. Been down to the compost heap to empty the Bokashi bin - you'd not believe how many worms are there! Had to quickly cover them up again, as Mr or Mrs Robin were beginning to look very interested. Can't see why they shouldn't have some - I like worms but they are a basic part of the food chain.

Keep talking about cats/kittens with OH - he is just as keen and so is MIL to have more little feet. Kazz - let me know what you've got in! Might be the "right ones"!

Sausages for supper! What are you all having???
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Sausages too! Spicey venison, known as Winter Warmers, with mashed potato and onion gravy - and probably the best part of a bottle of red wine. Mmmm.
Basic ingredient is chicken breast - no idea with what or how etc!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #8

Afternoon all!
OH is watching the rugby so I'm having a Catsey moment. It's nice being able to just sit and relax a while, even if I'm on call. the weather was nice earlier, but gone cool and cloudy now, so the garden will have to wait again. I just want to get some nice polyanthus to brighten up my pots.

My niece is 18 tomorrow, I have got a pretty card but no pressie as I'm giving her money, she can spend as she wants to then. I 'm old fashioned and feel that a gift is nicer but have to be practical too, I'm sure she'll have a few 'donations' for a new iPod or some thing else too expensive for one to buy.

My supper is chicken tikka masala and pilau rice ( shop bought ... ) not the greatest cook.

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #9

Hi, all! It's NOT raining! Has rained 7 out of the last 9 days; brilliant sun today and 13C, but howling winds make it seem cooler than that. And as usual missed two buses traveling together as I was waiting to come home from the market.. . Angie, am sending "find kittens" vibes to you! DM, I've tried to grow wallflowers, think they're lovely but they don't like our hot humid Summers..

Dinner is sort of pan-Asian tonight: wonton soup, shrimp shiu mai, kimchi and mini Thai spring rolls with wasabi dipping sauce. Yum!

Hope the weekend goes well for all.