Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-05-2021, 06:32 AM   #1

Wet and chilly Wednesday.

Good morning everyone. it's 5pm Wednesday here after a rainy, cold day. Winter doesn't officially begin until the beginning of June, but it certainly feels cold enough today. I've got the heat pump on in the lounge and it's nice and warm. Strange how the stupid thing goes fine on hot, but not cold, and that part from Germany that Eliot is waiting for still hasn't arrived.

Caught the bus this morning and went to the St Martins shopping centre to try and get some cat food, but there still wasn't any available.Our local supermarket has it still, but it is strictly rationed. I also managed to grab 3 big bags of the favourite cat litter online this morning and that will arrive tomorrow, so even if they aren't getting their favourite food, at least my cats won't be complaining about the cat litter for a week or two.

Having marinated chicken pieces done in the slow cooker tonight. Mmm, the kitchen smells so nice ,as they've been simmering away since 1.30pm. I'm going to do a Ranch salad with croutons as well.Janna is eating a bit more now, and she loves a ranch salad. I'll have it hot as it's a cold night.

I managed to get a DVD I have been after for a while, online today- The Lady in the Van, staring Maggie Smith.I saw it last year on TV and I loved it because it was so quirky. I'm looking forward to it arriving.

It's starting to get really foggy outside now. I hate fog. It reminds me of Jack the Ripper somehow.

PAMELA,glad you like doing jigsaws too.They're great to do in winter, but it is frustrating when they're really difficult. I know how Steven must have felt when he gave up on that jigsaw.I've done that many times with jigsaws. Perhaps you'll both do it again at a later date, and this time you'll finish it. The Ducati model does sound beautiful. I'm glad you found a good place to display it.AND Pamela, what's all this about maybe selling your lovely bike ? Wait and see what's wrong with it. It might be something quite minor. I'm glad you managed to get home safely when it broke down the other day. Poor Steven, having to go home all alone.

SHELLEY, I feel so sorry for poor Mrs Swan, sitting on eggs that won't hatch.No wonder Mr Swan is so grumpy. I bet you'll be excited about that doll auction tomorrow. I'm glad you've placed bids on those you want to win and I hope you do win them. It's a pity you can't be there, though.I've still got my eye on that Steiff baby fawn that has been relisted on trademe, but i know that I've got nowhere to display it if I did buy it.We shall see.

KAZZ and YOLA, hope all is well with you both.

Well everyone, have a good Wednesday. I hope the weather improves for you all. I'm off to make that salad. !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #2

Re: Wet and chilly Wednesday.

Morning and evening.
Dinky, what's a ranch salad?
Hope your dvd arrives soon, Maggie Smith is a good actress.
I like to have a dvd of special films, I'm looking for Peggy sue got married, love it.
Most things can be found on Netflix etc but for me having a dvd is special.
Can recommend promoted to glory, another brilliant film.
Pamela how have you go on with your bike?
Naughty Harris scratching the carpet.
No work today, it's a big food shop and then meeting a friend in the brickcroft.
Poor Mrs Swan will still be on the nest, so sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #3

Good morning Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky glad you have managed to get cat litter the cats like, mine are so fussy as well with it. Hopefully you can get more of the food they like as well Your chicken sounds amazing. I really need to try and cook more, i am so lazy when it comes to cooking!! I hope you enjoy your DVD when it arrives too

Shelley, sounds like you have a lovely day planned with lunch with your friend. That is heartbreaking for the swans

Its showery here but dry at times as well. I have managed to get the bike starting with a new battery. My friend is coming to look at it tomorrow night as there is still something not right with it so hopefully she can sort it. I am still thinking about selling it as i am only hopefully about 4 weeks away from sitting my test for the unrestricted license so i will get a bigger bike if i pass. I have 2 tests i need to sit, if i pass the first i will definitely sell the bike and look to get my big bike sorted out in anticipation of passing the 2nd test.

Not much happening today just working then meeting my friend for a run. We are doing the same one as last week as we didnt get to finish it due to me falling!!

Have a great day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

Afternoon all. It sounds so strange to hear Dinky say June is winter. Can't get my head around that at all. Good to hear Janna is feeling slightly better. If you like Lady in a Van, you'll also probably like the film 'Hampstead'. Similar true story about a man who lives in a shack on Hampstead Heath. It's one of those little British films that I absolutely love.

It's sunny here, but a bit colder than I would like, the bitter wind we've had for nearly a week seems to have finally died down which is good.

My new MacBook arrived yesterday at home while I was up at the head office. Wow. What a difference. It's got a big screen for a start, and also, I don't have to wait a minute for each email to open. So easy to set up too. We put both laptops next to each other and the data just seamlessly transferred from one to the other. Passwords and everything. Result.

Sorry for the quick note - I have a call to do now, and tomorrow is my dreaded 'day of calls' when I have 4 of them back to back.