Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #1

Sunny Sunday.

Good morning everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around over the last few days but I've been busy looking after Janna ,who caught a terrible flu and i had heaps of washing to do, as a result. Today is the first time she's managed to keep any food down, and then it was only half a crumpet.She says she is feeling a little better tonight, but still won't eat anything. She's drinking plenty of water though, which is good. I'm just hoping i don't get it.

My cousin didn't come round yesterday, which was wise, as she doesn't want to get sick either.Just when she was starting to go through some of her belongings too. Now she'll probably forget all about it !!!

Today ,I watched Prince Philip's funeral and i felt so sorry for the Queen sitting all alone with her head bowed.I'm sure she will miss him terribly, having been married to him for so long.

I know what you mean about people not wearing masks or social distancing once the restrictions have been lifted. It's the same here. Masks are mandatory on all our public transport, but hardly anyone on our buses is wearing one, sometimes not even the drivers. It's pathetic. At least you, Pamela and Shelley, have received your first vaccine, so hopefully you have some measure of protection.

My BP is still high and I've got to have another test with the nurse on Tuesday, as well as another blood test to check potassium levels.I'm still hearing my heartbeat in my ears a lot of the time, which drives me mad.

PAMELA, I'm sorry you and Steven had a bad reaction to the vaccine last week, but thank goodness you're over it now.Wow, fancy going for a bike ride of 137 miles yesterday. That would certainly blow all the cobwebs away.How is wee Skye now ? I know what you mean when you feel that something isn't quite right .You follow your gut instinct, because you know her the best of anyone. Not sure whether you have got her into the good vet yet, but whenever you do, I hope it goes well. Poor wee Skye. She may just have sore teeth which need attention. Toothache can make them so miserable.. Do let us know what the vet says.

SHELLEY, glad your first week back at work went well for you.You'll be pleased that your car boot sales have started up again, I'm sure, but it is a shame that people don't wear masks or social distance. That bird bath and feeder was a real bargain - you'll be pleased with your find.Have you photographed that lovely weasel in your garden yet ? i also have some Steiff toys which i adore. My favourite is a leopard complete with all tags, that i picked up at a garage sale for under $10.00. He's pretty old but in perfect condition. Unfortunately, I haven't got anywhere to display him now, as my cousin's stuff has filled my spare bedroom.I also have a big snow leopard with a really long tail and amazing pale blue eyes. He's sitting proudly on top of the computer table.I've got a real love for snow leopards - they would be my favourite wild animal, I think..

YOLA and KAZZ, hope all is well with you both and you are enjoying your weekend.

Well everyone, enjoy your Sunday and hope the weather is good for you. Just heard it's going to be 22 degrees here tomorrow. Where has our winter weather gone ?????

Take care everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Aww Dinky, sorry to hear Janna hasnt been well, i am glad she is managing to eat even just a little, will help her build up strength again. Its annoying that your cousin didnt come over but maybe for the best if Janna was poorly, you be careful that you dont end up unwell as well. Sorry to hear that your blood pressure is still high. I cant imagine how frustrating it must be to be able to hear your heart beat. We didnt watch the funeral live but did watch it later on and i felt so sorry for the Queen sitting on her own as well but i am glad they followed the rules though.

The ride was great yesterday. Unfortunately though when i went to bed last night i ended up with a fever again which is still a side effect for at least 48 hours from teh first effects showing so was still within that time frame, tired today so we have just taken the dogs for a walk, done some food and other bits shopping and also cleaned the bikes after yesterday. Not much else happening. Hoping the effects are over with now as well. I would much rather those though than actually catching the virus.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend. I am counting down the days ai finish up on Friday for a week and a days holiday (the May bank holiday gives me an extra day )

Take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #3

Re: Sunny Sunday.

Evening,
Nice weekend, church this morning, helped at Sunday school.
Doll work this afternoon which I love and then a walk down the brickcroft.
Malaika seems OK with it now the weather is warmer.
Pamela, sorry you are still having side effects, like you say it's better than covid.
Dinky, so sorry Jan a is poorly, hope she's feeling better soon.
Yes I photographed the Steiff Weasel.
I also have a leopard, not sure if it's Steiff but I love it.
Your snow leopard sounds wonderful.