Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Black/Gray Tiger
wmdiscenza is Male
03-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #1

Small Lump between my cat's shoulders

Hello all, I'm Bill from Central NY; I discovered a small moveable lump between the shoulders of my 4 year old female cat, Ashley. It came on suddenly as I pet my cat everyday and I just noticed it last evening. It causes her no pain and she is very active.

Background: my cat is an indoor cat but developed a flea issue over the last few weeks. Most likely I brought them home from my work or she got them out in my screened in garage. I treated her with frontline and later Vet's + Best flea spray.

I took her to the Vet today; they took samples. Results will take a week. The doc described the lump as "tiny" and "unattached." Also her weight was the same and her lymph nodes were normal.

I was wondering if any folks here have had any similar experiences. Could the frontline, flea spray, and or flea bites cause this? Thx.

Bill

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #2

Re: Small Lump between my cat's shoulders

My skye gets a lump between her shoulders when she gets her boosters.

It could be a reaction to whatever you had used. I don't use anything g on my male cat as it accelerated the illness he had.