Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
20-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #1

Just in time for Christmas, eh?

Sashimi has just given birth to two kittens. She's not done yet, but they're here and they're being very vocal about it (especially the firstborn!).

They're either black or grey (they're still wet!) and I haven't sexed them because I don't know if she'll let me touch them.

We saw discharge this morning, and she wouldn't stop following every move I made. She adored her birthing box, but when she was ready to give birth (by this time my heart couldn't take another yowl from her, lol! I've been sooo nervous!) she moved next to my chair and turned so I had first-row seating to the firstborn coming head-first into this world. She really didn't want to be far away from me at all, poor lass. I'm so proud of her, even though she ended up giving birth on the lounge CARPET

I'd never seen a birth before, and oh my god, I cried. So beautiful!

Unfortunately my camera's batteries need charging, so no pictures until that gets done - at the moment I'm busy tending to my wonderful momma cat and her brood.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
20-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #2

Re: Just in time for Christmas, eh?

Hey snoof, how truly wonderfull for you, congratulations hope mum and babies are doing fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #3

Big congratulations Snoof!! Keep us up to date

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #4

She's still on two. She's so glad I'm here, it's really quite touching. She ended up lying on her side with one kitten either side, so the firstborn couldn't get to her nipples. I stroked her (she gave me her "Pleeeaaaase I need some loooove" look) and she purred, and since her kitten was right next to her head as she was leaning back, I gently touched it... And she purred even louder.

In the end when I was sure she was comfy with it, I picked it up and put it by her belly, where it immediately found a nipple and did some suckling

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #5

Oh snoof thats so nice for you! Is'a an amazeing thing isn't it. I was lucky enough to see a cat give birth once, like you she woulsn't leave my side.
Let us know how many babies she ends up with.
Thoughts and hugs to you all. (((())))

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #6

She's now had another. The first two are either all black or all grey (they're still wet) and this new one is either black and white or grey and white.

It's amazing. All 3 are doing well and being very squeaky about all this being-born business

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #7

Congratulations to you and Sashimi Snoof ........ what an amazing experience for you!

So pleased everything is going fine there ........ please keep us updated

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #8

Well, we're up to number four here, but I haven't had a good look at number four yet. The first two, I have managed to establish, are a girl and a boy. I also had to cut the cord on the black-and-white baby, which was a harrowing experience, but of course shortly after I did that, the little madam decided now was a good time to eat his placenta

She crawled under my chair shortly before she had number four, leaving a pile of soggy kittens next to it on the other side

I got the box, put it under the tree (where she strategically decided to have them, indeed ) and carefully put the three kittens in it. She seems a lot happier now and came out from under the chair once I'd done that, so it seems that was indeed the problem.

Two of them are nursing at the minute, the other two are lying to one side cuddled up together.

I've just gotten to see enough of number four to see that it's also a black-or-grey-and-white

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
20-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #9

Thats brilliant snoof i'm so happy for ya. xxxxxxx

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #10

Thanks a lot, Claire