Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #1

Couple of questions

I may hopefully have found some cats to come live with us and have a few questions.

They will be outdoor cats with their own outbuilding with beds and such in.
I'm thinking I will probably feed once a day, do you think this would be ok for them and is it best to feed morning or evening?
I'm hoping to feed raw, from what I can tell they eat a similar sort of raw diet to a dog, is there anything they need that is different to a dogs diet? What about offal and veg?
Will they need anything else in their outbuilding apart from beds, food water bowls, and old sofa and a litter tray?

I will probably have more questions when I think of them

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #2

Re: Couple of questions

Depending on the age of the cats I would personally feed twice a day. My cats are indoor cats with access to outside but they have dry food down all the time and wet food twice a day, especially now it is colder. I tend to feed them when they are hungry. As long as they are warm enough I would think what you have supplied bedding-wise is enough. If you have multiple cats I would have more than one litter tray. I have 6 cats and 5 trays. Fresh water should be available all the time and checked in freezing weather that it hasn't frozen over. All my cats eat different things but I do feed raw mince, pouches, dry food and small tins. You could ask what they are being fed on at the moment so its not too much of a change. Hope this helps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
17-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #3

Re: Couple of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrd
I'm thinking I will probably feed once a day, do you think this would be ok for them and is it best to feed morning or evening?
I'm hoping to feed raw, from what I can tell they eat a similar sort of raw diet to a dog, is there anything they need that is different to a dogs diet? What about offal and veg?
Will they need anything else in their outbuilding apart from beds, food water bowls, and old sofa and a litter tray?
Feed them twice a day, Ebony and Tigger get fed between 8am and 9am then they get fed again between 4 and 5pm.

It's up to you what you feed them, I personally feed Purina One and both cats love it. They get cooked chicken as an occasional treat

Litter trays - I've heard for multiple cats there should be 1 tray per cat plus 1 extra tray