Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #51

Re: Photo of my seeds planted 19/03/06

Hmm I have a feeling if all of the seeds that I have planted in my veggie plots come up and all of these seeds in the propagator germinate I might be slightly overrun with veg!!! lol

I have planted loads of veg in my plots!!!! onion sets, more squash, radishes, leeks, carrots, parsnips, peas, spring onions, cauliflowers..... lol when/if they germinate I will take some photos

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #52

All my tomato seedlings have their first true leaves now, also the miniature dahlias. Both basils & one pepper emerged today; no signs yet of the larkspur & the other miniature dahlias. First wek in May is safe to plant oursidde here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #53

Car-boot sale for the superfluous plants? The local botanical garden does a plant-sale every year here. Great for picking up things you haven't grown (oh dear...) or sell/trade the plans you really can't shoehorn into soil anywhere.
If it's just the produce, see my earlier comment and invite us locusts for tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Hmm I have a feeling if all of the seeds that I have planted in my veggie plots come up and all of these seeds in the propagator germinate I might be slightly overrun with veg!!! lol

I have planted loads of veg in my plots!!!! onion sets, more squash, radishes, leeks, carrots, parsnips, peas, spring onions, cauliflowers..... lol when/if they germinate I will take some photos

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #54

Dandysmom you forgot one important thing....pictures!!!! lol

Good to hear your tomatoes have got their first true leaves, I don't think mine will have until next week. What type of basil are you growing?

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
Car-boot sale for the superfluous plants? The local botanical garden does a plant-sale every year here. Great for picking up things you haven't grown (oh dear...) or sell/trade the plans you really can't shoehorn into soil anywhere.
That's a good idea, I usually give them away to anybody who is interested I made the mistake once of planting ALL of the seeds from a packet of tomates, I had well over 60 plants!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2006, 03:41 AM   #56

Oh Emma, you've forgotten that I am hopeless at getting things out of Photobucket; have tried everything anyone has suggested to no avail; even sent an e-mail to Photobucket asking if problem was that I have a Mac rather than a PC; answer just repeated the same stuff that was already in their tutorial! anyway, the only pictures in there are cat pictures.So, I have taken a "great leap forward" and ordered a digital camera! It comes with a USB cable that supposedly will let me transfer pictures to the computer...maybe then I can take pictures & send them??? The ones in Photobucket are from a Kodak One-Time-Use digital camera that I got last Summer. Maybe, if I can figure out how to use this one I can post piccies also ...am really tickled at how well the seedlings are doing this year...am trying Thai basil this year; actually prefer Genoa basil but they were all sold out! Rats!! Notice that you didn't comment on my crack in the Dinner thread about using hot pepper flakes in my pasta sauce...snigger!!

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Notice that you didn't comment on my crack in the Dinner thread about using hot pepper flakes in my pasta sauce...snigger!!
I saw your comment about the hot pepper flakes!!!! lol was it hot enough for you, I bet you munch on scotch bonnet peppers as a snack

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #58

I don't use THAT much hot pepper flakes in the sauce, justt enough to give a little bite!!lol And I hate to admit it, but as I said in a post to Hreow, Habaneros (Scotch Bonnet) are too hot for me Another basil up today & somehing I don't recognize, may be the larkspur???

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I don't use THAT much hot pepper flakes in the sauce, justt enough to give a little bite!!lol And I hate to admit it, but as I said in a post to Hreow, Habaneros (Scotch Bonnet) are too hot for me Another basil up today & somehing I don't recognize, may be the larkspur???
too hot!!!! is that possible

Catsey Veteran

31-03-2006, 04:05 AM   #60

Sad, but true!! If you think Madras curry is hot, then, please, don't EVER try Habaneros (Scotsh Bonnets!!!) lol