Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #31

Re: Photo of my seeds planted 19/03/06

Oh and the radish at the front is taking a bow to all of the catpages !!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #32

They have grown so quick!!! Just got my post Emma - thanks for the seeds. Will give them a go!!! What do you do with lemongrass????

Also can I grow in pots as I dont have room in my garden for veg and Chloe uses the only bits of earth spare for "her business"!!

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #33

Yes Donna you can grow them in pots, all of them although the lemon grass bit need a slightly bigger pot. The lemon grass you can use it in currys and stirfrys and to flavour chicken and meat.

No problem about the seeds, My other squash have started to sprout so one of them just takes a bit longer. I think it is the butternut which is slower.

Thanks for the sunflower seeds, I am going to pot some up tomorrow and I will see how quickly they grow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #34

The radishes in my front planter had all sprouted & were looking good...then one of the #+&**%#* squirrels got in it & uprooted a lot of them....HATE the beasties!!! Will re-plant.....

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #35

Sorry to hear that Dandysmon, at least they grow very quickly.

Catsey Veteran

25-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #36

That they do! I'm going to cover the planter with an old, discarded oven rack, which, hopefully will be too heavy for them to dislodge; the neighbors will probably wonder what that crazy woman is doing, but don't care...want my radishes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #37

Dandysmom - old fashioned moth balls, planted with your seeds/bulbs are reputed to keep the varmints at bay. I haven't tried it, so can't speak from experience........and I wouldn't know where to look for moth balls

Catsey Veteran

26-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #38

Thanks for that suggestion, appreciate it; HOWEVER.....it doesn't work!! My friend & I both detest the varmints & tried that; no luck; tried using blood meal which was also supposed to work; didn't; and last Summer I actually sent away for (you're not going to believe this!) some coyote urine in a spray bottle which they said absolutely, positively would deter them....you guessed it!! There was recently a short bit in Newsweek about tiger dung repelling feral goats.....Hmmmm, I wonder....snigger We do have tigers here at the National Zoo....????

Catsey Veteran

26-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #39

In case you're wondering, I DIDN'T make that up about tiger dung...Google "tiger dung goats" & you'll get a lot of hits on the Australian research about this!! I have a good imagination, but not to make up something as weird as that...

Catsey Veteran

29-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #40

Well the second tray of seeds I have planted in the propagator have started to germinate, sweet basil, cucumber and cabbage are all showing signs of life , I planted these on Sunday