Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #1

Guerilla gardeners

I think this is a fantastic idea like minded people with no axe to grind and nothing to gain join forces and go out find an area of unused/neglected/rubbish tip of a piece of ground that no one cares for and in the middle of the night transform it into a "garden" It appears as of yet they only do "London" from what I can see but it is a brilliant idea.

This is the link to the story by the BBC. Anyone wanting their link to guerilla gardeners PM and I will let you have it then you can see the work they've done. Karen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4828396.stm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #2

Re: Guerilla gardeners

what a great idea. I know when I lived in and around london there were plenty of shabby areas needing some sprucing up

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #3

I tell you its really got my imagination especially as there is a "something" to the side of my house an area that should be a "garden" looked after by the council - well it should be there are two tree's in there and then some shrubs but no one seems to care for it. Its fenced off with some nice wrought iron fencing and a gate but I'll tell you the story - no one cares for it - I have been considering for some time sowing seeds you know poppies etc etc and planting some lavender etc in there this has spurred me on.

Forward on onward,

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #4

I reckon it may even take on all over the country. And it is amazing waht a difference a little bit of work can make in cheering things up

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
23-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #5

It is a lovely story.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #6

Great idea, it would also be nice to do this for say elderly neighbours that cannot do any gardening and perhaps have hardly and relatives (or ones that don't care a lot) how many older people love to see their gardens look nice but cannot due to ill health.

I always keep an eye on my neighbours as they love their garden but they are starting to suffer from health problems, I have always told them if they need a hand just shout, I am more than happy to lend a hand

Global Moderator

23-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #7

What a great idea! It's a lot better than letting waste ground 'go to seed'.......

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #8

Right I will take before and after pictures of my "waste ground" and show you the difference I will do somehting with it that I promise you
I will give you regular updates maybe get the neighbours and children involved.

Karen

Global Moderator

23-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #9

That's going to be interesting Kazz...as you say, you may be able to get a few of the neighbours interested. I'll look forward to seeing how it progresses!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #10

Sounds like a brilliant idea....Look forward to your pictures Kazz