Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #1

Choose Bath or Shower?

Well I am seriously considering removing the bath andhaving a walk in shower put in as I am not considering moving (not leaving Oscar) resale won't matter. Just a bit undecided - at the moment have a bath with a shower over.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #2

Re: Choose Bath or Shower?

Hmmm I like both, bath in the winter and showers in the summer, I also have a shower over the bath, is your bathroom big enough to get both in??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #3

I like showers in the morning to wake me up then a bath in the evening to send me to sleep!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #4

We've had showers only for the past 6 years here, and to be honest have not missed a bath one little bit. I am now seriously considering putting a bath back in with a new baby on it's way and Dominik refusing showers (and growing out of his baby bath), it's looking more and more like a neccesity . So I think a shower over the bath will be a bit of a compromise for a while but will have to be done.

As you say - resale is an issue, if you plan to stay in your current house (as we did), then it's not really a concern. You can get some amazing walk-in showers or even consider a wet room if you're feeling really brave.

We built our shower out of glass bricks with custom made toughened glass splashbacks rather that tiles . . . you can see the edge of it here . . . it's built into the corner of the room and is nice and spacious

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #5

Both have their attractions but there is a strong case for a really good walk-in shower with power features etc.

If I did that I'd also try to find room for a bidet. Really don't know why we don't have them as standard.........both for their proper pupose and for foot soaking!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
17-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #6

I prefer showers but only if they are really good (and am not really a fan of over the bath jobbies!). We have a shower over our bath but I only ever have baths because the shower is awful. I think I would like the choice even if we had a great shower. And as Yola pointed out, a shower only can be a bit of a problem when you have children.

We have been having lots of power cuts recently and as I don't want the cats anywhere near candles, me and Neil were confining ourselves to one room and making sure the cats weren't in it (notice how we shut ourselves in a room so the cats have the run of the rest of the house rather than the other way round!!! ). Anyway, the other night I put lots of candles round the bath (no electricity again!) and had a nice long soak and Neil sat on the floor talking to me, it was really lovely - showers are so functional in comparison!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #7

Hi Kazz
I had my bath removed a few months ago in favour of a walk in shower. It's the best thing I have done, I love it. Unfortunatly it was for health reasons but it's great amd opens up the room. We have so much more room now. I even have big plants in there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #8

I love a shower in the mornings to wake me up and great for hair washing, but I love a soak in a warm bubble bath after a hard day, nothing like it. I suppose we are lucky that we have a shower in the en-suite and a bath in the bathroom, if we didn't I think the best compromise is a shower over the bath.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
We've had showers only for the past 6 years here, and to be honest have not missed a bath one little bit. I am now seriously considering putting a bath back in with a new baby on it's way and Dominik refusing showers (and growing out of his baby bath), it's looking more and more like a neccesity . So I think a shower over the bath will be a bit of a compromise for a while but will have to be done.

As you say - resale is an issue, if you plan to stay in your current house (as we did), then it's not really a concern. You can get some amazing walk-in showers or even consider a wet room if you're feeling really brave.

We built our shower out of glass bricks with custom made toughened glass splashbacks rather that tiles . . . you can see the edge of it here . . . it's built into the corner of the room and is nice and spacious

Yola what a beautiful looking bathroom

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
17-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Yola what a beautiful looking bathroom
I agree, it is very nice!