Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #11

Re: What made you buy your house?

That was for Bob

Just re read my first post. It sounds like we all live in the washing machine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #12

Moli and Andy I hope you settle into your new homes soon.

Well are neighbours are very good, one side is very quiet and keep themselves to themselves, and the other are two pensioners who we get on well with, since living here (about 8 years) nearly every year we have invited each other over for New Years Eve, also their neighbours who moved in also host new years eve so it is really nice. As I grow veg and they do too we have competitions who can grow the best of certain veg, it is very entertaining and very interesting how different plots do.

When we first saw the bungalow we now live in I thought we could do a lot to this, and it felt like home more or less straight away. The road we live down is fairly quiet we have some undesirables living up the road but they have always been pleasant to me, the other neighbours moan about them a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #13

Well I know first hand about Moli's neighbours from when I stayed with her. I dont know how she's kept the head for so long. Me, well cant say I would have been so patient.
My neighbours are my OH's ex brother in law. Brilliant NOT. In the sumer his ex comes to sun worship in there garden and talks and laughs really loudley just to get to me. As for them it's a wonder I haven't killed them. When I had my daughter they went out there way to play there music really loudly. Mind you because of that she can sleep through anything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
When I had my daughter they went out there way to play there music really loudly.

My neighbours (on one side) at the time when Dominik was born was a gay guy who had lost his job shortly after buying the house and subsequently populated it with his little gay mates (them prancing around the garden in face packs was funny). What was not quite so funny was their very loud party 2 days after I brought Domi home. Hubby did his usual 'turn over and go to sleep' , so I picked up a big fat paintbrush we'd been decorating with, stormed up to the front door and pounded on it 'hardish' with the brush. Broke the brush and dented their door . . . they were too chicken to come out but the music got turned down sharpish and they'd moved less that a year later

(Vicious hormones I put it down to . . . )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
My neighbours (on one side) at the time when Dominik was born was a gay guy who had lost his job shortly after buying the house and subsequently populated it with his little gay mates (them prancing around the garden in face packs was funny). What was not quite so funny was their very loud party 2 days after I brought Domi home. Hubby did his usual 'turn over and go to sleep' , so I picked up a big fat paintbrush we'd been decorating with, stormed up to the front door and pounded on it 'hardish' with the brush. Broke the brush and dented their door . . . they were too chicken to come out but the music got turned down sharpish and they'd moved less that a year later

(Vicious hormones I put it down to . . . )
Thats the way to do it Yola!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #16

Well I wouldn't say I 'loved' my house. We were desperate to get out of our mid-terrace house as the kids were growing we had the dog and just generally needed more space, however I do love my kitchen it's 16' x 12' approx and there is soooo much space in it and I like my garden (well will do once it's finished) cos that's huge aswell. We are putting up a double garage approx 5.5m x 5.4m and we still have room for 2 garden sheds without compromising on the space for kiddies to play.

I wasn't really comfortable when I first went into the house as the previous owners were into Voodoo and stuff like that but once we'd started stripping the posters they'd left on the walls the place felt a lot calmer and I'm begining to enjoy living here, it's only taken me 4 years lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #17

Hi Naomi

How is the garage coming on.........I must tell you though once its finished I will be sad I am kinda "hooked" on hearing about the serial of getting it built

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
16-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #18

We had been house-hunting for 18 months, then sold our old house and had to get out in four weeks, so moved in here as the best at that time. That was 10 years ago and are still here. Have got itchy feet again but think we are stuck here for a few more years. We do have a great view across a valley and can see the Lakeland Fells and the Pennines. Lots of wildlife to watch and easy-going neighbours to talk to. Logoes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #19

Location, location, location as the realtors say: the house is only 6 blocks from the rental house I grew up in; it's on the bus line (very important), within walking distance of almost everything you could want: 3 markets, library, laundromat, bank, liquor store, hardware store, pizzeria & great variety of restaraunts! Also, nice big back yard that I could fence in & front porch that I could screen..did both. It's roomy, & the one thing I loved was that it was the end row house so I had sun coming in 3 sides!!! I grew up in an inside row. Been here 42 years now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Location, location, location as the realtors say: the house is only 6 blocks from the rental house I grew up in; it's on the bus line (very important), within walking distance of almost everything you could want: 3 markets, library, laundromat, bank, liquor store, hardware store, pizzeria & great variety of restaraunts! Also, nice big back yard that I could fence in & front porch that I could screen..did both. It's roomy, & the one thing I loved was that it was the end row house so I had sun coming in 3 sides!!! I grew up in an inside row. Been here 42 years now!!
Sounds pretty much perfect. Only thing missing is me as your neighbour not that you'd want me.