Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #11

Re: Today I am listening to...

I'm listening to the groans of OH as he creaks his way around the house this morning but musically, we're in a 60's/70's time warp most of the day.
Like DM(USA) its Gregorian chant I like listening to alone and with the lights low, is really hypnotic and serene.
My music taste is very eclectic, I used to sing in a choir until a bout of croup did for my larynx. I love to sing now, but not in public. I wouldn't abuse people's hearing like that .

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
29-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I love all sorts of music . . . at work I had Absolute Radio on (old and new rock); in the car I had the UB40 live CD which I swapped 1/2 way through for the Nigel Kennedy 'jazz' influenced disc (the latest one he's released; can't remember title).

This evening we've been listening to Schubert's Sting Quintet whilst I've been ironing and OH's been working on the PC.

Matron - we must stop meeting like this ; I learnt piano up to the age of 16 also (classical only - despite my protestations). Got to grade 5!!
I'm exactly the same!! I played from age 6 - 17, and was clasically trained despite asking repeatedly to get some Blues and Jazz training. But my teacher only did classical I have a piano, it's at home at my Dad's house, and I will get it moved to my own place when I eventually get my own place. I miss it so much!

I love all music too. At work I listen to upbeat stuff like Kanye West, Gnarles Barkley, Duffy, Britney to keep me motivated and energetic, then at home OH often puts on some jazz or I'll put on some classical, but I've been to see Metallica live, and also really enjoy Sia, Jeff Buckley and John Mayer. Oh, and new favourite is Jason Mraz. I like Absoltue Radio too for a good mix of old and new tunes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #13

Have a listen to Jesse Cook here - Canadian and pretty much unknown over here.
I really like him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
29-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #14

Im listening to P!nks new album, its well good!

Almost a Veteran Member

29-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #15

I love this! I love Spanish Guitar (another instrument I used to play) and I love the exotic sound of the song, very romanitc and alluring. Makes me wish I was travelling around Mexico 'on the road' style

Thanks for that DM, I'm going to download some of his stuff from itunes for my new iphone

Almost a Veteran Member

29-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #16

Ohh I've just listened to another one, Fall at your Feet, I now REALLY want to hunt out some Flamenco dance lessons (or Salsa, or Tango) and get grooving. I love how music can have that affect, and make me feel so passionate about something!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #17

Hey - make good use of that iPhone meep!
I hope you enjoy Jesse Cook. You can hear so many influences in his music - North African, Spanish, you name it.
Edit: And I just love Fall At Your Feet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #18

That Jesse Cook was great - had me tapping my feet and swaying about! Thanks for the introduction dinahsmum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #19

I really do have eclectic tastes: anyone enjoy bagpipe music? About once a year or so I get the urge and play my two CDs...... never could get into jazz ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I really do have eclectic tastes: anyone enjoy bagpipe music? About once a year or so I get the urge and play my two CDs...... never could get into jazz ....
As a true scottish lassie - of course I love bagpipes. Was at the world piping championships earlier this year. Brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.