Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white
18-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #21

Re: Catsey Book Club?

Hi everyone,

well i move back to uk on wednesday its come round quick, do we have any suggestions for a book then? I've just come to end of one and am ready to start something else.. and i cant wait to get to WHSmiths!

Probadly wont be online for a couple of days till i get sorted out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #22

I thought you ladies were going to sort this out by the time I came back!!!

I'll set up a poll with all the books mentioned as possibles but not just now. Monday is forecast to be poor weather, so I'll do it then - unless anyone wants to step in and do it before me of course!

Is anyone into crime novels? I sometimes read Ruth Rendell but I'd never, until now, read any of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels and I've only ever seen one dramatisation on TV. (Isn't Ken Stott exactly Rebus though?) So, as we were travelling light, and only allowed one book each(!), we got 'unisex' books, no 'women's books where nothing happens' ( )for me, no Sci-Fi for him This meant we could both happily read both books and would not be too reliant on whatever other people had left in the hotel 'library'.

Anyway, I digress (how unusual ) Just wanted to say that the most recent Rankin, 'Exit Music', was very very enjoyable. And it has 'discussion points' and reading group suggestions at the back. It might be another one worth adding to the poll list.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #23

Have to own up - another Rankin fan here, but I have not read Exit Music yet. Can't bear the thought of Rebus retiring - and yes, Ken Stott is/was a perfect characterisation IMO. It was a shame they started with John Hannah who is a perfectly good actor, but was just not right for the role - too young again IMO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #24

I never saw John Hannah

Don't despair - there was mention of a possible Unsolved Crime Unit (like New Tricks) in Exit Music. Now, wouldn't he be great as the curmudgeonly, nicotine stained, scotch-raddled, old style cop in that, under the command of a go-ahead youngster?

And aren't I lucky now - I have the whole gamut of the previous Rebus novels to anticipate reading.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #25

I'm a big crime fiction fan; especially love Ruth Rendell! Just picked up a new one of hers, Not In The Flesh, at the library today. Also love Minette Walters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #26

Also crime - fan, but willing to give anything a try.

CM