Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #1

It's HOT HOT HOT Friday!

Hello peeps! Hope everyone will be able to stay cool today. Wonder what the highest temperature will be? Our poor furry friends will suffer today unless they can find somewhere shady and cool.

Have a good day all and enjoy the heat if you can!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: It's HOT HOT HOT Friday!

Fortunately it's never too hot in our house providing we keep the dining-room curtains closed as the sun can be a bit fierce in there. I've got lots of windows and the back door open so there's a good airflow, and I've got the fan on in the sitting-room. The cats are in the garden under a conifer with a bowl of water for them and the dog is lying on the slate hearth or the kitchen tiles depending on where I am.

I hope everyone's enjoying the day.

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #3

OH is getting ready to go and play golf!!!! He says that it is lashing down with rain at the Scottish Open golf near Glasgow.

I expect a very tired hubby home later. I do hope he doesn't melt!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #4

It's hot here too, but a lovely breeze blowing as well, so giving some relief lol. Not a lot planned for today, just some light housework and bits and bobs to do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #5

Have been and watered the allotment - it's very parched down there. However the 6ft bamboo screening I put up around back of the greenhouse to shield the tomatoes from the worst of the sun seems to be working; their leaves are lush green now rather than bleached yellow.

Just been to the garden centre for more seeds and a buddlea so I can begin to create some shading.

Have a vet appointment with Fifi as the wound on her foot has gone black It might just be the scab but the fact that the skin around it is pink and shiny is a worry AND she's got bald patches at the base of her tail AND she's really not happy and isn't moving from her hidey-hole to the side of the dishwasher. So best to get her seen.

It's blisteringly hot so I might go out and sit under the parasol. OH will be late back as he's got to a meeting in Nottinghamshire so I will water the front garden later and hae a nice salad dinner with all the bits I've just picked at the allotment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #6

Glad you are all keeping cool in the south & east but here out west it's thick grey cloud and not hot but warm and sticky. Horrible weather for ironing in but needs must, so I ploughed on this morning.

Yola, I can almost taste those ripening tomatoes, yummy good idea the bamboo screen. Hope Fifi is ok and the wound is healing and not necrotic , Angie, Mrs H, and Alex, keep those kitties cool ,

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #7

Kizzy was really sweet this morning as I was hanging out the towels on the line. She came and lay in my shadow and did her "girlie thing" lying on her back and asking for her tummy to be rubbed. I started fanning her with a towel and she had a blissful look on her face. Poor love, she does have such a thick coat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #8

How hot is hot? It's cooling down a bit here, presently only 29 C (80 F), mostly cloudy and a bit humid but a breeze makes it comfortable. Rain finally due tonight and tomorrow, much needed. No errands, a lie in and pottering.

That's worrying about Fifi's paw, praying it will be OK; good to hear the tomatoes are doing well. Salad on a hot night is a good meal!. Leia sends sympathy to her thick coated cousin Kizzy! She too is uncomfortable in the heat, but dislikes being fanned.... hope Ian arrives home un-melted, Angie. Men and their golf

Hope all can stay cool and comfortable.

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #9

How hot is hot? A good question Eileen. We have had our first heat warning issued by the Met Office today. They may of course just be panicking because they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Currently here it is only 26 and there is a nice breeze. Not as hot as it was this morning. I expect further south east it may be hotter and hotter in the cities. We'll have to wait to find out what the temperature got to elsewhere in the country. Not as hot certainly as you have had it recently in Washington DC!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #10

Yes, the cities are heat islands. When we made our 39 C it was cooler in the suburbs. England rarely gets that hot, I believe.....???

Anyhow, stay cool, remember the awful Winter!