Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #11

Re: Sunflower Sunday

I like fish; we had a tank with gouramis when I was growing up; then years later I had angel fish, guppies, and a few mollies and swords; the resident cat never bothered them. Unfortunately it sprung a leak whilst I was at work (OMG what a mess!!) and I never got around to replacing it. Tht might be an idea now that I'm here in the retirement community ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #12

you should eileen In our big tank, we have, an angel, a red tailed black shark, a big plec, 7 rummy nosed tetras, 2 mollies, 6 penguins and 2 kissers. The tank is huge so theres loads of room for them to grow and swim

The smaller tank we have neons, 3 baby silver sharks, glowlights, corys, baby plec and a harlequin. got loads of plants in both tanks aswell to help keep them airiated.

My 2 dont bother with the tanks either, more interested in snuggling beside us!!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
23-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #13

Now you've said it Pamela, we all want aquarium pics..please!

MrsH sounds like you have very similar to what my friend had a few weeks ago, it'll probably develop into a cold and then clear up pretty quick. Just the usual lurgie that does the rounds at this time of year, hope you get well soon!

Angieh what do you do with your sloes? I pick mine at the recreation ground here to make sloe gin with a rind of lemon and stick of cinnamon and star anise in for Christmas sloe gin. I also make rose hip tea and hawthorn tea with the autumn pickings, important not to strip the branches and leave some for the birds.

I've been car booting, up at 6, sorted the furrkids, fed the birds, and left at 8. ..Got a few bargains and some bits and pieces for the silly stocking I make for M&Dad at Christmas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
we just got some baby corys and glowlights. do you have fish aswell kazz?

I love corys especially the dwarf ones, as I like them in nice size shoals, so dwarf are good to me they are amazing to watch.
Never really had glowlights or neons.....no idea why.

Yes I have had fish not at the moment although you have caught me at a moment where I was looking at a small tank today for the spare bedroom I find them very restful.

I loved sailfin mollies and kept them in a brackish tank (1-2 tablespoons of the marinesalt to each gallon) adjusted slowly as most Mollies are not kept in brackish in shops. The sailfin are beautiful they go up to about 5"
In one tank I had
1 male & 3 female orange mollies.
5 Bumble Bee Gobies (little fish but kinda troublesome amongst themselves but a lot of character)
5 Glassfish (peaceful souls)

Have also had a smaller tank with guppies platties, and dwarf corys.

I also got hooked on Malawi cichlids............but not for the faint hearted.

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #15

Eileen go for it, you could have a small tropical tank. They are very restful I find, and more entertaining than the majority of TV.

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #16

Most anything is more entertaining than TV! I really am thinking about getting back into it; it's so soothing watching them. I love angel fish but they're such bullies in a community tank .......

Why do I suspect Princess Leia might be more interested in fish that her predecessors ...????

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Most anything is more entertaining than TV! I really am thinking about getting back into it; it's so soothing watching them. I love angel fish but they're such bullies in a community tank .......

Why do I suspect Princess Leia might be more interested in fish that her predecessors ...????
Would keep her entertained too, just make sure you have agood fitting lid and something across the top so she can't sleep directly on the lid she will be fine. Cleo was convinced they were her own personal entertainment centre.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #18

My brother and I went in for tropical fish... right up until the day I managed to syphon out all the water onto my bedroom floor - the smell, and those poor fish!

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #19

Oh Lord, Squirrel, that must have been quite an experience!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #20

It was rather!!! Happened through a small pipe for using with a pump and putting air bubbles through it, so it took a long time, and if I was in the room I didn't notice it...