Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2023, 11:58 PM   #1

Saturday Daily.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday 11am here and it's raining lightly, which is quite refreshing. This is my sort of weather. it was a bit cooler through the night as well and I managed to have a better sleep. Today is the day of the BIG CLEANUP., and I do mean BIG. My horrible black mood has lifted a bit and so I'm going to clean this house (the main rooms) thoroughly The cats had better beware !!!

Yesterday i went to the Funky Pumpkin and got some spring carrots and berries, which were horrendously expensive. I was waiting at the bus stop to come home and this horrible man started talking to me all about the economy and the state of the country. I think he'd been drinking. i hate people like that. Unfortunately he got on my bus as well and I had to listen to him all the way home. People seem to be going crazy at the moment - there's been stabbings and shootings here in Christchurch over the last few days. I guess it's just the stress of Christmas getting to people. I was pretty stressed myself but seem to have calmed down now and am actually looking forward to sitting down and having a nice meal. Going to have hot chicken with herb sauce, baby minted potatoes , glazed carrots with cheese sauce, minted peas and couscous and eggplant salad for the main course, and for dessert ,pavlova with cream and berries, yoghurt drops and chocolate flakes, and Dragon's Breath pudding with raspberry sauce. There'll also be chips and dip on the table and mini shortbreads and belgium biscuits. It sounds rather grand but it's pretty basic really and it's what I have every year. I've told everyone not to bring any food, as I like to do this myself and I know that everything I put on the table goes together well. Oren hasn't gone home from the weekend. he's been here all week with me, and he's going to help me prepare all the veges and make the sauces. He and I make a great team. He knows he's got to go home with his mum and dad on xmas night, as they are heading off to Fiji in the new year and need to get ready. He wants to stay with me, but we've had a talk about it ,and he knows he has to go. I just hope he doesn't make a scene on Christmas night. I love having him here, but he does need to spend time with his family as well.

My sister's new cat, Pippa ,is still very nervous. She is heading to Animates Pet store today ,to buy a collar and leash for her, and plans to put it on her and take her into the garden to have a sniff around. I've tried telling her it's far too soon, but Mary is stubborn. I've got cat harnesses here that she could use, but no.......she wants a collar. She doesn't plan to leave the collar on Pippa permanently ,thank goodness.

PAMELA, I hope you are getting over your cold a bit now, my friend. and it hasn't got worse. I suppose you are now off work for xmas. How did you get on in applying for a new work role ? I hope it went well. You've got to let me know what you're having for your xmas meal. and what you're going to do on xmas day. Gosh, xmas seems to have come round so quickly this year . It's certainly taken me by surprise.

SHELLEY, I do so hope that you are well and have not managed to catch the dreaded covid. How is your friend doing? Hopefully she hasn't caught it too badly. I said a wee prayer when I heard you'd been exposed to the virus. This new variant is getting out of control here, unfortunately, and we don't have enough stock of the anti-viral medication now. On a better note, please do let me know what you are having on your xmas table this year. I so love to hear what others are eating.

Well ladies, this is not helping the cleanup at all,I'm off now to vacuum the kitchen, then steam mop the floor and disinfect all the kitchen bench tops. I'll then move on to the lounge and finally the bathroom etc.

Have a fantastic Saturday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2023, 04:54 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily.

Hi ladies,
Well mostly organised for Christmas now.
Last night we went to watch a ghost story play, it was really good.
This evening we are a a neighbours for a pre Christmas meal.
My dad, Reuben, james and Hannah are here Christmas day.
Howard, my dad will have prawn cocktail starters, us 4 will have mini crumpets decorated with cheesy beans.
The meat eaters will have turkey, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, carrots and turnip, sprouts, stuffing and cranberry sauce with gravy.
Us vegetarians will exchange the turkey for a turkeyless crown bought from tesco.
Desert will be Christmas pudding or a bakewell sponge with cream or custard.
We will finish with cheese and crackers.
Pamela, have you heard anything about your new job role?
Hope you have got rid of your cold.
Dinky, glad your mood has lifted, Christmas can be a stressful and depressing time.
Your Christmas meal sounds wonderful.
Have a very Merry Christmas ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-12-2023, 08:24 PM   #3

Re: Saturday Daily.

Good evening ladies,

Its miserable here tonight so we are in PJs and watching Reacher!!

Dinky, sounds like you are in good company with Oren, so glad he feels comfortable staying with you and helping. Your christmas dinner sounds lovely!!

Shelley, sounds like you have a house full as well, It is nice to have family round at christmas time. I hope you have a wonderful time.

We are cooking this year for us. Decided on Friday night when we went food shopping thats what we were going to do. Im almost ready for christmas, just need to wrap the girls presents up but will do that tomorrow night or they will try open them before

Thankfully y cold has lifted and i am feeling much better. I submitted my job application on Thrusday but it was very rushed because i was soo busy on Wednesday and didnt geta chance to work on it so will see what happens.

Hope you both have a fantastic christmas!!!