Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-12-2023, 09:53 AM   #1

Saturday Daily

Good morning ladies,
Saturday ,just after 8pm here ,and Janna is working until 2am. Oren is here and we've been doing a jigsaw puzzle together. he finishes all his school work for the year this coming Wednesday, but still has one assignment to finish off, the naughty boy. No more. He needs to do that tomorrow before we can do any fun stuff. Janna is meeting Brenna tomorrow morning at Riccarton Mall to do a bit of xmas shopping and have lunch, but Oren wants to stay here with me.

It's been another hot day today, but meant to be hotter tomorrow - around 28 degrees. My cats hate it. I'm worried about Snoddy again. He walks kinda funny and his back legs seem wobbly. I remember he was doing this last summer as well, but Michele couldn't find anything wrong and his bloods all came back normal. I don't know whether I'm over-thinking things or not. I know he's 11 now. he gets so stressed when the vet looks at him and I don't want him to have another seizure. I'll wait until after xmas and see what he's like, and maybe get Michele to come round here and just watch him walking. he can still jump up on the cat towers OK and eats his food, so maybe it's just the heat and humidity that's affecting him
My sister got herself another cat today. It is a wee female tabby which had been hanging around her work for a couple of months. She started feeding it and managed to tame it She took it to the vet today and they found it had already been speyed but has a broken tooth which she is going to have removed in a few days. I rang her earlier and she said the cat is called Pippa and she is lying on Rebecca's bed looking out the window., and eating well. She'll keep Pippa inside for a few weeks and let her get used to the place. I'm trying to talk her into keeping her inside permanently, but I don't think she will.

My hands are feeling a lot better now and I can use the computer much more easily, but my fingers are still a ghastly purple colour. It has faded a bit ,but still very noticeable., especially under the finger nails. Gosh, i hope it eventually goes away.

We've got a big wave of covid in New zealand at the moment and a lot of people have taken to wearing masks again. I'm going to wear one when I go supermarket shopping next week. I don't know what it's like over in the UK, but I can imagine covid is still around there as well.

It is a shame that Janna won't play the piano at work, but it's her choice. She only started learning the piano because I used to take her to Paddy's lessons and she developed an interest from there. She sat exams and got up to grade 8, but her love is the digital ensemble where she can program other instruments into the piece she is playing to make it sound like a whole orchestra in the room. Paddy learned both digital piano and violin. he is a registered piano teacher but as far as i know, he doesn't teach now. he plays mainly classical pieces Janna was playing Lewis Capoldi's "Someone you Love" at work when her boss heard her.I used to play the piano a lot, but don't really do it now. Don't think I would be much good at the moment anyway, as my fingers are still swollen.

PAMELA, you'll be pleased that trailing is now over until next year, and you'll be able to relax at night now I don't think Robyn will be very pleased though. I got a book out of the library last week about the Quake Dogs - true short stories of how individual dogs got on during our big quakes. One dog was Boss, a border collie, who was adopted from the pound and became a USAR dog,used to locate those buried under collapsed buildings in town during the quakes One survivor who was buried said that the only thing that kept him going was hearing a dog barking and knowing rescuers were out there looking for him. Your Robyn is destined for great things - she's a natural in that sort of work. It sounds as if you had a super day yesterday. breakfast with dad was very special and I bet he enjoyed it as well

Shelley, I bet you've recovered from your lovely trip to Eastbourne now and looking forward to Christmas. I hope Malaika's tooth and gums have settled down. She's got to be able to eat a few treats on Christmas day. Dental work at a vet clinic is very expensive - my sister was told it will be nearly $800 to get Pippa's tooth removed and the rest of her teeth cleaned.!!! Of course ,she hasn't got pet insurance for the cat yet

Well ladies, I'm off to read to Oren. We've started Tess of the d'Urbervilles which he seems to like. I've got the DVD as well, so I must dig that out of the spare room.

Have a great Saturday Pamela and Shelley