Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #1

Misty Tuesday.

Hi Pamela, Shelley and all to follow.

Great news everyone. I have finally got Miracle. She came up to me this afternoon and I was able to pick her up and bundle her into a cat cage before she knew what was happening.She is now sleeping in the lounge on a pile of blankets on the keyboard.I'm not touching her as she'll hiss at me and the other cats if we come too near her, so I'm going to leave her here in the lounge tonight with food and a litter box and hopefully I can put some flea stuff on her tomorrow without stressing her too much. Her back looks really sore and she's been pulling her fur out along her back. I'll take her to the vet when she settles down a bit but I don't want to stress her too much at this point coz when she gets stressed, she sheds the cat flu virus - doesn't get it herself but as I found out last time, she gives it to the other cats.Hopefully the flea treatment will sooth her skin a bit.

It's now Tuesday evening here and a heavy fog has settled in .Jack The Ripper weather, and really spooky.!!!Janna and I are still very upset about Damon. It seems weird to be able to leave the lounge doors ajar without worrying if the cats will get in and jump up on the cage.

I bought the DVD "Tess of the D'urbervilles" recently.I read the book at uni. and have always wanted to see the TV series, so may watch the first episode some time tomorrow.I really enjoyed the book at the time so hope the TV adaptation follows the plot closely.

PAMELA, hope you managed to get out for a run again. Gosh, i really will have to get your autograph soon, before you become an Olympic star. ! Hope Barney and Mia are all doing OK.

SHELLEY, I do hope Eric is continuing to do well. It's really good of you to be there for him, as you were for his late wife.Are you still enjoying your Christianity course? Mine is going well but I haven't had my last 2 lessons returned yet due to major holdups with our mail system. Can't wait to see what marks I got.

Well, hope everyone has a safe Tuesday.We haven't had any new Covid cases for 11 days now and so may be looking to move into Alert Level 1 sooner than expected.Here's hoping.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #2

Re: Misty Tuesday.

Just tipped into the afternoon here. A day off yesterday, which was going to be a bike ride around the beautiful New Forest but was totally scuppered by my extremely sore knee. So it was down to the osteopath instead; thankfully they'd only just re-opened their doors. Some manipulation has helped and I have another visit due next week but ice packs, rest and ibuprofen in the interim.

Today is the last hot and sunny day for a while so I will go and work in the garden from around 3 onwards to enjoy the warmth.

Dinky - so very sorry to hear about Damon. It's awful when a special pet leaves us. But equally delighted to hear you've captured Miracle. Sounds like she's in a bit of a mess, poor thing.

Shelley - I hope your neighbour doesn't have C-19, it must be a bit of a worry waiting to hear.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #3

Re: Misty Tuesday.

H Dinky and Yola

Dinky, i am so pleased you have Miracle home, yu and Janna must be so relieved!! Im sure she will come round in time. Fingers crossed you can get the flea treatment on her as well. I started reading Tess but never finished it. May pic it up again in the future though.

Yola, glad the osteopath has worked for you. It is so frustrating when an injury stops you exercising. fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

Shelley, how is Eric doing?

I am working today. Nothing exciting Just on lunch and thought i would pop in. Ben really busy for a change. It is cooler here today but nice. I was running last night and it was too hot. Both my friend/coach and i found it hard but we managed 2.5mile in the heat. Noth the furthest run but not too bad given the weather, back out running tomorrow night. We are back to being out 3 times a week which is great. I have needed the motivaton to get back out there. Also going to start weight training for upper body strength hopefully tonight (depending on how i feel after work!)

Take care everyone