Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #1

Scary sat

Morning, concerned at the moment, as our elderly friend Eric who lost his soul mate 2 wks ago is very poorly.
We had to call an ambulance for him, he's in hospital and been tested for covid.
Howard has been caring for him so all in danger.
Apparently Eric is up and sat on a chair which sounds hopeful, his results in this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #2

Re: Scary sat

Aww Shelley i am sorry to hear tht Eric isnt well. I do hope he recovers quickly. I hope you and Howard and Chris are ok as well. Keeping fingers crossed Eric isnt diagnosed as having Covid.

It is beautiful up here today. Got up to a poorly dog though. Barney had been ill during the night so had to get him sorted. No breakfast today to give his stomach a chance to settle. Short walk as well as it was too hot even at 10am when we went out. We are heading to visit my parents soon and then i am going with my coach tonight for teh first time since lockdown. I feel so unfit at the moment so looking forward to it but also dreading it!!

Take care and fingers crossed that Eric is ok Shelley

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
31-05-2020, 05:11 AM   #3

Re: Scary sat

Hi Shelley, Pamela, Yola and anyone else to follow,
Sunday afternoon here and a dull, overcast day ,which is in keeping with how I'm feeling.Sorry i haven't been on the forum for a few days, as I've been spending a lot of time over the back fence, trying to catch Miracle, but still not able to do so, although she is coming closer each day . I'm giving her sachets of wet Royal Canin food, which she seems to enjoy but I notice that she has been biting the fur along her back and it has been bleeding.It only takes one flea to send her into an itching frenzy.Hopefully I'll be able to get her within the next few days as she's almost close enough now to touch.Thanks for all your good wishes for her.

Our wee budgie ,Damon, who was doing so well after his crop infection, came down with another one a few days ago and was having daily injections of antibiotic from the avian vet again. Sadly, Damon passed away around 3am this morning. Janna was with him and was speaking to him softly. The vet told me that Damon was very ill yesterday but we hoped and prayed that he would rally round like he did last time.Unfortunately it was not to be. We are both totally devastated . as that wee bird was such a huge part of our lives .When I got up this morning, Janna was holding his body in her hands and crying quietly.. She hadn't woken me up and now she's very quiet, so I will have to watch her. Damon was her special friend and they both adored each other. I had to move his cage into the garage as I couldn't bear to look at it sitting empty, but Janna has put Damon into a wee box in the lounge and we will take him back to the vet to have him cremated. I'm starting to cry again, so I'll move on.

Willow is OK but has been very clingy to me today as she knows I'm upset.The cats are all fine as I managed to get another bag of the RC that they love and they're also enjoying the RC wet food that I'm feeding Miracle.

Pamela, I'm glad that you're having such lovely weather. Poor Barney. I hope his tummy settles down. AND Mia's paw too. Hopefully that's on the mend now .Hope you had a nice visit with your parents and that your mum is continuing to do well.I bet you enjoyed your run with your coach. You'll soon get your fitness level up again.

Shelley, what horrid news about poor Eric. i do hope and pray that he hasn't got Covid-19. You must be concerned ,not only for him, but for yourselves as well.If he's able to sit up in a chair, that's got to be a positive sign anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Yola, hope you're still enjoying the beautiful weather and able to work outside for a bit. Dexter sounds lovely. I can just see the two of you snuggled up together in the sunshine.

Well everyone, stay safe. I'll let you know about Miracle.I might put a bit of that food into the cat trap tomorrow and see if that works ,now that she's calming down a bit. Wish me luck..