Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1

Golf Saturday

Well its Saturday still overcast.

Not certain what I am doing today apart from a bit of "bill housekeeping" and a bit of general organisation time.

Just looked at the Baby Ben thread and he looks a uber confident kitten.

On a little bit of a sad note a chap next door but one to me has a dog called Layla a GSD X she is 13 and I have to say I knew her back legs are bad......she need his help to get into the car (no issue with that) but just walking slowly her back legs go.
Layla is his only companion he lives alone......think it will be hard I know his sister very well and yesterday she said he told her the other day if she mentions having Layla even having a trip to the vets then she is not welcome in the house. She asked me to mention it to him when I see him. We occasionaly walk together he is a nice chap and would not see any animal ill - but I understand his reluctance. It is hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
23-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

Re: Golf Saturday

Hello

It IS sad for the old man, but also for Layla And it is very rough to think about, but we have to do what is best for the animals..

I'm back, my work practice ends on monday, thank god... My knees cant handle the work. And my golf/tennis elbows have started up again

So after monday its time for a bit of relaxation and a visit to the doc. I need to have my knees scanned and perhaps even my elbows. To see if we can figure out, what exactly is wrong with the knees.

I'm knackered.. have just been to an hours free training in a training center, who had Open House today. Walked 5 km in 51 minutes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #3

Afternoon Kazz, Jeanette and those to come along too of course.

Bit windy, cloudy, some patches of blue which are gone as soon as you spot them ......

Did a bit more in the garden and greenhouse this morning. Got the dwarf French beans in and pricked out some parsley seedlings.

OH has kindly washed and polished my car and I'm going to take it out for a bit of a run this afternoon and call in at the garage for some petrol. Not sure what else is on.

Jeanette - sorry about your knees/elbows. Hope your doctor can diagnose and you can get something to help. If I could walk that far that fast it'd be a miracle!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
23-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #4

Thanks Angie.

I have no problems walking. I have walked 13 km with Luna. Its the standing still, stop-start, biking uphill or in headwind that I have problems with.

But when you walk on a treadmill, the speed is a bit faster than when you walk the dog, but it was great

I've had problems with my knees since 96, where I worked on a factuary and carried sacks with 25 kg plasticgranulate. I picked them up from the floor and over to big containers (waisthigh) 3 times every hour. No one ever taught me to carry/pick the sacks up correctly, so I had to quit after a year. Couldn't straighten my legs at all. A chiropractor helped, it took 3 years with 2 visits every week.

I still have problems, but atleast I can walk normally now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #5

Hello everyone.
Karen what a shame about your neighbour. I was only talking last night about my cousins Dog, he lost the use of his back legs and dragged himself around. It looked realy sad but the dog himself was still obviously enjoying his life so what can you do.
Enjoyed the party last night, we came home to a flooded garden as the brook had flooded it's banks.
My poor friend whose 60th birthday it was came home to find her celler flooded up to 1 foot of water from the river Ribble. It's ruined lots of her furniture as well as some dolls in her collection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about your friend's cellar flooding Shelley and your flooded garden. It really doesn't bear thinking about the misery that it causes.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
23-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #7

Well the Dalai Lama was up here today, just sorry I couldn't get a ticket to see him, I think it would have been amazing to have seen him. Had a busy wee day at work and now just chilling in front of the tv. Hope everyone has had a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #8

A bit late in the day but never mind.

Sad about the poor dog, I can understand your neighbour's feelings Kazz but still..............

More floods! I feel so sorry for the many people who have been affected by the weather recently.

Been out this evening at a belly dancing display, great fun! Our daughter has been doing belly dancing for years and her group was doing several of the displays, including one using swords! I didn't think we'd enjoy it but we were very pleasantly surprised, it's our daughter's birthday today so we couldn't decline could we? Unfortunately we got home to discover that Morgan had got caught short on the hall carpet! Oh dear