Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #1

On the move again Monday

Hi all, sorry not to have been on much but things are stupidly busy at the moment! I spent most of last week away and am on a train heading to Bristol for a couple of days now. Leaving OH on his own with the cats leaves me quite a bit to catch up on at weekends! He is litter tray blind I swear! If the tray isnt to Madam's liking she simply uses the floor next to it and OH expresses surprise ( and bewilderment as to the location of he mop). I don't know how did I let this happen? I call myself a feminist but have to show him how to use the washing machine every time........
Forecast is good for a couple of days so fingers crossed as I packed accordingly and will be very cold if it turns out I needed tights after all.
Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #2

Re: On the move again Monday

Afternoon CS - hope that it's warm enough for you to be without tights! Actually today I am down to one woolly jumper, so it must be warming up a tadge!

Been to the dentist this morning and am going again in a weeks' time to have a tooth out -it's wobbly, bottom front and making eating a bit tricky, also causing a bit of discomfort, so better out. If it leaves too big a gap I may have to consider some sort of replacement, but would rather not.

Also been for a short walk with OH and Monty and just having a coffee. Spot of gardening this afternoon hopefully.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

When you read my days activities you will see its an apt title.

Afternoon all Sorry I could have started the daily being on holiday this week. yeah!

Been to college today I am applying to do an access course to H.E. Health science/nursing. I was going to say I am hoping HOWEVER I am being positive and saying I plan on completing this and moving on to university......SHOCK HORROR.
I would like to move into either Occupational Therapy find that most interesting as it is a holistic way of looking at people from what I can see/have experienced) but may look simply at nursing. Yes I know its quite a change and yet - I think its right for me, time will tell the worst that can happen is I complete the access course and learn something. outside my comfort zone.

Time will tell I passed my "inital assesement" today......apparently getting reasonable marks, not done any sort of tests since school really thought the English would be okay but the maths seems I did well in both but fractions ie what does T mean? baffle me.

Anyhow thats my news my interview is 5th July. To see if I can get a place then got to juggle work around it. But I will make it work.

I have watched lots of health care through recent years and believe I would like to contribute to the excellent care I have experienced in some small way.

Anyhow C.S. My ex was baffled by toilet rolls - he knew they did not reproduce yet the storing of spare toilet rolls in the loo baffled him. I believe its an act......and treat it as a "favour" in some resects. But also I think because "women" mostly have a tendency to organise and take over - multi tasking is my idea of life. The old saying "if you want somthing done ask a busy person" is true I think.

Angie Ouch............hope it works out okay and leave it a while before deciding sometimes our mouths jus sort out the gap without interference.

So apart from college interview/test thing today I have doen aload of washing, shopped sorted dinner tonight tomorrow and Wed, made palns to meet a friend for brunch tomorrow, Wed meet a couple for coffee, and pictures with an old boyfriend Wed evening. As well as getting my hair cut,
eyebrows threaded. And sort out the bedrooms still. See you all later off to do the chips now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #4

Well Kazz, what a surprise - but brilliant - I hope that you find that it's just what you wanted and that you can sort everything to let you do it. Go for it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #5

Thank you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #6

evening all. Been a beautiful sunny day here. I have painted the garden fences today (with some help from Howard ) what a boring task but they look good.
Karen your plans sound great, good for you.
Angie, sorry about the wobbly tooth, be sure to put it under your pillow next week.
Cs hope it stays nice and warm where you are.
Had a nice family day yesterday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #7

hey all! quite sunny and warm here today, getting chilly now tho!

ouch angie, never had a tooth out!!
hope all goes well for college/uni kazz! everyone is always telling me i should do nursing aswell, i would rather work with animals tho!
hope your trip to bristol is ok, cs.

went and got my hair done today, desperately needed done!! also got my laptop back, it got sent for fixing last week and ended up having to get a new hard drive. popped into my mums on the way home, thats my sister away back to Australia, think the first time i managed not to cry saying goodbye!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #8

Kazz, good on you! Some of the most stimulating and satisfying teaching I have ever done has been access courses. People who really want to learn and will question and challenge everything - really keeps you on your toes. You will be brilliant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #9

evening everyone, a late check in from me, had no internet yesterday as it was all disconnected due to the man coming to plaster the livingroom today. had an eventful fathers day as i ended up at yorkhill childrens hospital as my sister took my nephew up as he fell out a tree in a local park whilst we were visiting. Has a cut on his face that needed a butterfly stitch, hes ok now though apart from a wee bit tender