Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1

miserable weather saturday

Morning everyone, as the title suggests its wet and horrible here today. Already been out and put washing in the undercover drying area and lots more to follow it as we have had nowhere in the house to hang it due to the work we have been doing.

Going to our neices dance show at lunch time and then we are treating ourselves to a wee night out of dinner then the cinema. Looking forward to it!!

hope evryone to follow has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #2

Re: miserable weather saturday

Morning Pamela - sorry you've got horrid weather. It's not too good here but at least it's not raining just yet. Hope you enjoy your bit of R&R, you deserve it!

We had a bit of excitement this morning - Pip brought in a Great Tit, a young one but fully fledged. OH and I were still in bed asleep but the bird's cries woke me up. Pip bought the poor thing into our bedroom, so I was out of bed and prizing Pip's jaws open to rescue it. I stood there in my nightie with this little thing lying in my hand, I thought it was dead but it started weak movements. I kept it in my hand and said to OH that I thought it was still alive - there was no evidence of damage. Little bird started to stir a bit more, OH sprung into action, throwing his clothes on and took the bird from me and legged it out into the garden. He came back later to say that the little bird had told him off and then flew away. Result! I went back to bed to wake up and Pip came back in looking for his birdie .....

Have a grand day folks, keep dry and smiling!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #3

afternoon all.
Angie, so glad the little bird made it.
Pamela enjoy your day and evening, sounds like you have some nice things to do.
Rainy here, the dogs were not impressed with their wet walk.
Off to a dolly day this afternoon, it's at a friends house and is a meeting of two doll clubs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #4

Afternoon all,

Dry but overcast here today.

What film are you going to see Pamela? We went to the cinema last night after not having been for a few years, really enjoyed ourselves and then had some food later.

Glad to hear that the great tit made it Angela, I love my cats but hate it when they attack the wildlife...lol

Well today we popped out for supplies for a fathers day BBQ we are having tomorrow, brother sister in law and nephew, great cousin and great aunt are also going to join us so I hope the weather is ok. Just cooking a cheesecake for tomorrow and some cookies I have promised my nephew.

Off out for a meal this evening to celebrate our 2 wedding anniversary.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Angie, one of our cats brought in a baby sparrow the other day. Pleased to report that like your great tit, we managed to get it out of the cat's jaws and it too was fit enough to fly off. Cats are only following their nature but it's so sad when they bring the birds in

We have the grandson visiting this weekend (he brought his mum and dad of course ) at the moment they're in a pub garden with friends, swapping birthing stories and comparing offspring! It's just started raining now so I expect they'll be home soon. Morgan predictably went loopy when they arrived, he's such an excitable boy, always has been and always will be now I suppose. Of course he calmed down eventually but is desperate to examine this new human which of course we can only allow at a distance. No-one wants their tiny baby pawed and slobbered I fear he'll be spending quite a bit of the weekend in his crate or the kitchen.

The cats simply kept their distance and stared at the little man, never seen their eyes so big! then he bawled and they legged it at the speed of light

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #6

MrsH, hope you enjoy having your family over this weekend.
Emma, hope you have a lovely anniversary meal.
I had a lovely day at my friends, we all to something to eat for a Jacobs join and looked at her collection of dolls.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #7

Hello all.

Well an interesting day been in the loft and while up there fished out a DVD player from the loft and connected it to the spare littleTV and put it in the kitchen and now Mom is totaly happy because she has the TV (Dad watched cricket/sport ect) and I mentioned that she should play her CD's on the player...she had totaly forgotten she could. Now she is over the moon; TV working and on freeview too and Cd's with a decentish sound. I wired up the speakers we had sitting around too, to increase the sound.

Plan on carrying on sorting out the bedroom built up the wardrobe interior last weekend so this weekend the next stage.

What films are you all going to see Pamela Emma?

Pamela - Hope you enjoy the film, and the dance show.
Angie - One thing I do not miss about owning cats.
Shelley - glad you enjoyed your day. Sounds lovely.
Emma - Sounds like a fantastic day tomorrow hope the weather holds for you. Cheesecake sounds yummy.
Mrs H I expect they will become great friends there is no greater frendship than dogs and children. But an excitable dog and a baby........crates and stair gates sound ideal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #8

We saw prometheus at the cinema, thought it was very good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #9

we went to see snowhite and the huntsman tonight, really good and had a lovely dinner in frankie and bennys

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #10

Little one and his mum and dad have just gone up to bed, it's so lovely having a baby in the house and he's such a sweetheart - very contented but with lots of amusing bodily sounds!

OH and I are just chilling with the dog who has been pretty good considering, lots of crate time, houseline, baby gates to manage him and some extra playtime in the garden. He'll be fine, it's just for the weekend after all and it'll be a few weeks before they're here again. Tomorrow young Dylan gets introduced to his anti-baby auntie, should be fun!