Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
12-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #1

Time to let go Tuesday

Following on from Angie's post yesterday it looks like the rain's in again for the day here. Not a day for being out in the garden! With it being so wet, Chesi's 2nd day of gazing wistfully out of the patio doors has turned into batting every toy that happens to be in his path through sublimated boredom! He'll go out and then come straight back in again and look at me as if to say 'Well! Are you going to stop this rain.. or what?!'. Mitzi retains her composure on the cushion wondering what all the fuss is about.

It's also a day tinged with (well, soaked with) sadness for the family; I'm off to meet my sister today at the Pet Crematorium, her cat passed away peacefully at the weekend, so she's in need of major hugs.. She's quite upset, her son is no longer at home and she has now lost her last cat, so it will be especially hard for her to say goodbye today and go back home to a cat-less house.. Please think of her today.

To all who follow, 'Good Morning!', 'Good Afternoon', and possibly, 'Good Evening'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #2

Re: Time to let go Tuesday

aww truth, really sorry to hear about your sisters cat hugs from me and my monsters. My thoughts are with her.

we are heading out to the Amy MacDonald gig in Stirling today so really looking forward to it, got her new cd on already this morning!!

hope everyone to follow is having a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

Morning Truth, Pamela and those to come along later.

Not raining here just now, heavy and overcast and chilly. MIL's care home was flooded out yesterday and the home had to be evacuated with help from the Red Cross. MIL is placed somewhere in Dorset temporarily - the home phoned to let us know how things were going through the day, it must have been a nightmare for them all. All those poor elderly confused people - and those on the top floor who are bedridden, don't know what happened to them, it doesn't bear thinking about. OH phoned to let his brother know what was happening - brother lives in Bognor Regis (where we lived before moving here) - it was cut off, all roads in/out impassable due to flooding.

OH's golf is off today as the course is flooded and closed. The bad news is that there is more heavy rain and gales forecast for Friday and the weekend. What is happening to the weather? Wonder if Noah has a spare ark going.

So very sorry to hear about your sister losing her cat, Truth. My thoughts are with you both today. Can't bear the thought of being in a catless house.

I don't know of Amy MacDonald Pamela - there was a comedy actress of that name in the 70's, but I am assuming your Amy is a different person!!! I'll have to have a look on YouTube!

Take care folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #4

morning everyone.
Truth i'm sorry sorry to hear of your sisters loss and hope she gets through today with your tlc.
Pamela enjoy the concert
Angie , sorry to hear about your MIL, poor people they must be so confused.
An ok day here weatherwise at the moment.
Took the dogs a walk and was a bit bothered that they were spraying weed killer, we left befor they started.
Finaly i've unpacked, it's off to work this afternoon then we are going to see my parents.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #5

TIOT . . . so sorry about your sister's cat, how very sad. I hope her day is a little brighter for having you there with her.

Angie, I was thinking of you during these last few days of deluge . . . glad all OK, but so sorry to hear about MIL - it must be very traumatic for the elderly and confused

Not much happening here. I'm at home after a blazing row with OH last night; can't bear to sit in the same office as him today. To comfort myself I have just bought a ticket to see Gary Numan when he visits Reading in Sept. He/Tubeway Army were my first real introduction to the post-punk music scene back in 1979 and I can't being to describe how excited I am!

Myshka spent ages just now lying on the dining table cuddling my reading glasses (what's that about) but has now disappeared off upstairs for a snooze. Feel like doing likewise, but have stuff to be getting on with.