Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #1

Freaky Friday

So named because I am unsure it is June....weather is crazy my poor poppies and peonies

Anyhow another eventful week at work had some youths smash the glass in a window and attempt to get in no one hurt. No idea whats up .......it is far from normal.
can
Anyhow got to go, be back shortly.....going to have 40 winks I am shattered.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #2

Re: Freaky Friday

It's awful isn't it Karen My hubby is tearing his hair out, well he would if he had any . His new pond kit got delivered last weekend, and due to the horrible weather the hasn't been able to get out digging and sorting it out. Not a happy bunny!!

I'm off to 'babysit' for a friends 3 wee dogs shortly, she has to attend her BIL's funeral, and they are not good at being left on their own for lengths of time. And then the girls are both having friends over for a sleepover tonight, I must be mad!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #3

Kazz thats shocking about your work, glad to hear no one was hurt.
Alex enjoy doggie sitting and your sleep over

we are just continuing on with the house today. OH is going to attempt to plaster 2 ceilings so fingers crossed it works out!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #4

I wonder if the dreadful weather and the crime wave where Kazz works are related .......... anyone up on chaos theory?

It's been bad here too, poor garden ..... some of the plants and shrubs that were doing so well, like weigela and foxgloves have been decimated and it's still blowing a hoolie out there. My gardening man is here this morning trying to make the best of it and surprisingly reported that there were no trees down on his journey here this morning.

This low pressure is causing breathing difficulties for me, which is nothing new but another pottering day here.

Kazz - if you like Hamish Macbeth - the Kindle daily deal is all 7 books for 99p each. TODAY ONLY. I may be tempted, I used to like the TV series but have not read any of the books.

Have a good day everyone - I hope the ceilings go well Pamela - your OH is a brave chap!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #5

Oh that's a good deal on the kindle angie I don't have one, however today I was given the link for an amazon app that lets you download onto your pc, like a kindle. I'm trying that out, before thinking about an actual kindle. I'm still too much of a book person lol.

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #6

I think you'd love the Kindle, Alex - I do and I didn't think I would!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7

WHAT is going on with this weather? Power lines down, trees down and my few flowers battered beyond belief.

Today is a morning in the office and this afternoon I'm off to Sebi's first school concert where, because he's learning piano he will be performing a solo piece. He's nervous but extremely proud of himself and has been practicing *whispers* without me badgering him to

Gotta dash and do some work now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #8

More horrid weather here too although I'm not enough of a gardener to have plants to be worried about.
I have though been out to give our newest addition a little fleecy sleeping bag to keep him warm in his hutch overnight!
We now have a guinea pig with plans to adopt another from our local RSPCA branch to keep him company.

Glad no-one was hurt Kazz, not a nice experience!
Hope the ceiling plastering went well Pamela and hope you feel better soon Angie xx I never thought I'd use a kindle but I'm well and truly addicted now!
Hope Sebi's concert went well Yola.

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #9

Good to hear from you Liz - I'd love to hear more about your new family member and see a photo perhaps. Nice that he will soon have a friend.

I did get those Hamish Macbeth books on the Kindle daily deal. I thought that with all the football coming up, I deserved some distraction!