Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

beautiful sunny Monday

Morning everyone its beautiful here today. up early this morning as harris has kept us awake most of the night meowing because we had shut the room door that my nephew was sleeping in last night so harris wouldnt jump on him during the night. My sister is coming over this morning to get the wee fella and have a cuppa and a blether. Plasterer not coming out today so early tomorrow instead so up early tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #2

Re: beautiful sunny Monday

morning Pamela, morning everybody else.

Day of painting today, husband is painting the dining room and kitchen and I am going to paint the last bedroom to be decorated, already whitewashed it just need to get the ceiling painted, skirting undercoated and walls painted and then glossed.

Roast beef dinner for us this evening .

Have a good day everybody x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #3

Morning Pamela, enjoy your good weather I'm afraid it's dull and chilly here unfortunately. You've got a busy day planned Emma, we need some decorating done if you're interested! I love the smell of fresh paint.

I fear we have a mouse, the dog is in full flushing and quartering mode today, snuffling excitedly all over the ground floor especially along the edges of the rooms. We have a heavy glass cabinet in the corner of the dining room and he seems to be really keen to try to get behind there so we suspect that's where the mouse is cowering. Morgan's going to wear himself out today getting loads of indoor exercise I suspect his adrenalin levels are very high which can make him almost unbearable and difficult We'll put a couple of traps down at bedtime tonight. Bloomin' cats and their hunting We've got baby robins in the garden now, hope the cats don't spot them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #4

Morning people.

Not a bad day here although it looks a little "dubious" hope everyone is enjoying the double bank holiday. I in work tonight.

Took Mom and Dad to see my Dad's sister in law yesterday she will be 99 on Tuesday, her health has gone down of late and she is now confined to a wheelchair most of the time. She was telling us how she recalls the Queens coronation as her first grandchild was born on Coronation day 2-6-53....he was christened Francis Edmund.......and is known as Frankie, his Dad is Francis his grandad my Uncle Frank; and Edmund as Sir Edmund Hillary, who had reached the top of Mount Everest a couple of days earlier, the news of which was withheld until Coronation Day the day Frankie was born.
My Auntie Hilda said all babies born on that day got a silver spoon. Her son Francis the baby's father was in the Royal Marines and on duty....and back then it was not considered neccesary for the father to be present he saw his son 4 days later, on his own 21st birthday.

I find it amazing that news could be witheld to such an extent......the modern World holds no surprises.

Anyhow have a good day all. Mrs H I don't envy you a hyper dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #5

Morning all! It's a proper English day here - windy, bit of cloud, bit of blue, dry atm but don't think it will stay that way and cool ............. did people watch the pageant on the Thames yesterday? I must say that as the rain started falling, I was glad to be at home. Brave all those folk who went to watch the event.

I have to say that I have become confused because it is next year that will be 60 years since the Coronation, but this year is 60 years since the Succession. Wonder if there will be a double bank holiday next year too? OH was taken to see the Coronation parade by his Mum, he was a around 5 months old at the time I think. Love you family history Kazz - I also have "Francis" in one line and strangely enough OH's second name is also Francis.

I have misjudged our village "do" (if it goes ahead) originally thought it was going to be a lunch picnic, but it's really a teatime one, and I wish I had planned for cupcakes/strawberries and cream/scones and tea but instead we are being rather French with baguettes, cheese and wine!

Sorry to hear about the possibility of a rodent, MrsH - dogs/cats are very rarely wrong - it brings to mind Eileen's posts of Leia mouse watching. Monty may have some excitement later, but of a nicer kind. Our neighbours' young family also have a Miniature Schnauzer and she and Monty have met and seem to enjoy each other's company, and love to play chase.

Enjoy your day folks.

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #6

Hello everyone, it is currently chucking it down here! I need to get out and rescue the broad beans as they look in danger of flopping over-I think it will be a case of shower dodging.

I must admit to feeling a bit curmudgeonly about our village do as it is a 'family fun day' with bouncy castles, face painting etc. There never seems to be a recognition that not all families include children and maybe a small amount of entertainment for grown ups could be included? Still I hope that the weather picks up so that the bouncy castles can be enjoyed!

You sound busy with the DIY Emma, better than gardening in this uncertain weather I guess. Hope Monty has fun with his new friend Angie. Kazz, I hope work is OK- sorry to hear about the burglars last week, that must have been scary. Pamela, hope you keep the good weather and enjoy the blether (lovely word and very descriptive!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #7

I caught the mouse

Morgan had a Kong yesterday evening and it was still on the floor of the sitting room. As we were having our coffee break the little b***er came out from under the sofa, started investigating the Kong, and ran under the sofa with a bit of peanut butter he found there. When he came out again for a second go I was ready and as soon as more than 50% of him was inside the Kong I whipped it up and clamped my hand over the end! I feel heroic!

He's humanely bagged up for now, with the Kong for sustenance, and OH is going to take him and release him in the woods. We had a good look at him, he's definitely a field mouse.

Dog is now resting on the sofa thank goodness he's worn out

Catsey Veteran

04-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #8

Well done Mrs H, although I am very puzzled as to what a Kong may be......?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #9

CS, it's a heavy duty rubber thing that you can put treats in for your dog to tease out. Monty has a few ........ and a couple are already lost somewhere in the garden! They come in different sizes/colours.

Well done MrsH - brave putting your hand over the top. Nice of your OH to go and release little critter in the woods. I used to use humane traps and could never bring myself to kill the mice. Expect they made it back within in a couple of days and the cycle started over again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #10

After a wonderfully eventful but exhausting day yesterday up at the Jubilee Pageant, today I'm having a duvet day - didn't wake up until 9.30am (unheard of since boys arrived), and am just about to take up residence on the sofa and watch Watership Down. We were going to go to watch a beacon being lit tonight but as it's very cold out I don't much feel like it.

Not sure what's for dinner . . . feel like leaving it to OH today anyway!