Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-09-2021, 08:03 AM   #1

Fine Thursday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Thursday evening here and it's been a fine day, although when I got up this morning, it was raining slightly.I went to New World supermarket in the bus and I managed to get 6 cans of the favourite cat food, plus several big bags of Temptations as well as some Tuna/chicken tubes.Thank goodness !!! It's not going to be enough, but at least it's a start. On the news today, we heard that NZ is facing a shortage of food items and this will continue into next year - just what I needed to hear.. I don't mind about us but I worry about the cats. They're just so fussy.

Didn't do much else today. I've got sore knees and walking for any length of time hurts. It would help if I could take anti- inflammatory medication, but my doctor doesn't want me to, due to diabetes, so I just put up with it. Just lately ,they've got a lot worse, so will mention it to the doctor when I see her again.

Cats are all OK and have just come in from outside with Janna.Mum and dad magpie are back tonight but their babies have gone. Dad is especially tame and will eat out of Janna's hand, but not mine. I hope they have more babies this year and bring them into the garden like they did last year.

PAMELA,it's good you spent some time in your beautiful garden especially as the weather is so nice. Those extra lights will look magical. I think you must be very creative. I hope you're all ready for your test this week, and I bet you're looking forward to starting that accountancy course too. Boy, are you going to be busy !!!

SHELLEY, I'm so sorry that you had that fall in the garden.I hope the pain is easing a bit.Are you sure you haven't cracked any ribs ? I do hope you're taking it easy and having lots of warm showers or baths to ease the aches and pains.Sending lots of healing thoughts your way, and hoping you feel a lot better soon.

I'm off to watch Shortland Street now, then maybe an episode of Wallander. Not sure if you would like it, Pamela, but I know you would love Wallander, Shelley.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #2

Re: Fine Thursday.

Hi everyone.
First day back at work today and we were doing moving and handing training, I just did what I could as my back is bad still.
My back hurts when I cough or take a deep breath but my chest and head are just sore to the touch.
Off again tomorrow anyway and doing a food shop.
Pamela, well done starting your course, what's it like being a student again.
Dinky, so pleased you got cat food, phew.
Must look up Wallander.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #3

Re: Fine Thursday.

Hey ladies

Dinky thats great you got more food for the cats. Such a shame you can't give the other wee one a home but I completely understand why. I do hope your knees settle down

Shelley, how are you after your fall? I hope your healing x

I have nig news today!! I passed my bike test!! Soo happy!! Steven brought my bike to the riding school for me to bring home for a first ride and ot was amazing! Can't wait until tomorrow we are going out in the afternoon for a ride and to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary ❤