Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-08-2021, 06:11 AM   #1

Cool Sunday.

Good morning everyone. it's 4.30pm Sunday afternoon, after a coolish day but no rain.Haven't been out for a walk today ,but decided to vacuum and clean out the cats bedroom. My steam mop is broken ,so I'm going to look for some floor wipes for my dettol mop at the supermarket. I hope you can still get them.

Still no cases in the south, so looks as if the move into Level 3 will go ahead for us at last. Unfortunately the groomer still won't be able to work.I had to wash Betsey May this morning for the first time ever. She nearly tore us to pieces. This is getting ridiculous. I don't know whether it's something that's changed in their food or whatever, but this has never happened before. it might be because they're so much more fluffy this year than they've ever been.I'm telling you, they're going to be practically hairless by the time I've finished with them !!!!

Mince and salad for tea tonight again and the last of the sticky date pudding with custard. I'll have to do some shopping either tomorrow or Tuesday

Janna still isn't eligible for the vaccine as she is too young yet. I'm hoping that her age group opens up soon. I'll feel happier when she's fully vaccinated, as she goes out more than I do. I still don't know whether my son, Paddy, has left his quarantine in Auckland or not. I know the govt. were keeping people in MIQ for longer than the required 14 days, due to the outbreak in Auckland.Paddy hasn't contacted me or his sisters, (which is typical behaviour for him anyway) so not sure what's going on there.

PAMELA,glad you're having lovely weather while you're off work. That's awful about the dogs coming onto your property and going for your dogs and Harris.Thank goodness Barney wasn't attacked and injured. That woman shouldn't own dogs if she can't control them, and she sounds stupid anyway. I hope she realised how angry you were and maybe she won't bring her dogs the next time she visits her mum.That trellis is a good idea. it might deter the dogs from jumping over if they do come again.What a big, brave Harris for catching that mouse and what a meanie you are, Pamela, for not letting him bring it inside !!! I hope you got that new bike today. Don't worry. You'll be able to ride it soon. I bet you can't wait.

SHELLEY,you must be having the same lovely weather that Pamela's having. I hope you found some good bargains in the shops yesterday. It's amazing what treasures you can find when you shop elsewhere on holiday - things that you never seem to find anywhere else.I bet you enjoyed spending time in the sea as well. Was your buffet dinner last night good ? All that outdoor activity would have made you hungry. It must be so nice to spend the time with your cousins.

Well I'm off to do the tea. I'm getting hungry myself. My sister dropped me off a big bag of buzz bars this morning . Janna put them in the freezer. I'm not meant to eat them, but as my sugar levels are low, I'm going to get one now and enjoy it. !!!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #2

Re: Cool Sunday.

Morning and evening.
I bought two dresses from the charity shops yesterday, sadly I'm too fat at the moment for one of them.
We managed to get in the sea for kayaking, bodyboards and snorkeling.
Saw a couple of scurrying crabs and 2 small fish.
The buffet was lovely, we sat outside on the caravan decking looking out to sea.
Clean up and packing today, home tomorrow.
Pamela, hope the trellis works, if the dogs jump over and damage it, I'd send her a bill.
Hope you can ride your bike soon.
Dinky, sorry you are having such a hard time with the fluffies.
Hope Jan a gets her vaccination soon and that you hear from your uncommunicative son.