Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-08-2021, 06:40 AM   #1

Rainy Friday.

Good morning everyone.

Friday 5.15pm here after a slightly cooler day. Raining this morning but cleared up this afternoon. i might go and turn the heat pump on now as the lounge is getting a bit cool. Also ,the cats always come running when they know it's on, as they love lying under it.

Good news. The south island and bottom section of the north island are moving into Level 3 at midnight on Tuesday. Thank goodness !!! Of course that's providing the south doesn't get any covid community cases in the meantime. The rest of the north will remain in Level 4. My cousin, unfortunately still won't be able to visit me in Level 3 and she's cross about that. I don't know whether or not the groomer will be able to operate either ,but I hope so.

I managed to cut a couple of big matts off Betsey May this afternoon, but she is terrified and struggled, even with Janna holding her, and so I was afraid of cutting her. Now she and Dickens won't come near me.I still have my faithful Snodgrass though.

I was going to go out for a walk this afternoon too, but it didn't get warm enough and ,dare I say it, I felt chilled all day. It might be the result of the vaccine yesterday.I'm not exactly sick, but just feel a bit achy and cold.My arm is also really sore, and it wasn't like that after the first one.

SHELLEY I hope the weather is continuing to stay nice for you and you're able to get into the sea today again. Those full face masks sound good too. Having a meal out with your cousins must have been nice, and i know what you mean by being pleasantly tired.It's actually quite comforting, isn't it. I bet you had a good sleep.

PAMELA, I hope you, too, had a lovely warm relaxing day yesterday and are enjoying your time off with Steven and the animals.Barney and Mia must be getting some lovely walks in the fresh air while you're not working.

Going to check on the tea now. Chicken kebabs (satay ones) and vege mash tonight, followed by sticky date pudding and warm custard

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #2

Re: Rainy Friday.

Hi Dinky,

Thats great news you are moving to level 3, hopefully you are able to do more things and you can get the things from the supermarket that you need. It is lovely and warm here again today, i will try send some heat your way

Glad you managed to cut some mats out of Betsy May. Im sure she will forgive you.

Shelley, i do hope you are still enjoying the nice weather as well

We have been busy today, Steven is meant to be working but we cleared our shed out and got rid of 3 full big black bags of rubbish and we have a load of cardboard to burn in our chimenea tonight.

I am so annoyed with my neighbours daughter!! She came to visit my elderly neighbour and brought her 2 young collies. We have had issues with them before when they were pups jumping my fence. Well they jumped it again today whilst my 2 were in the garden with us, Barney was growling trying to get to the male and the female chased Mia into our house. I was soo angry then the male had a go at Harris who was sitting at my back door but he stood up for himself until i shooed it away from him. The woman has no control over the dogs. I told her she was lucky as Barney is reactive and she had no clue what it meant. I had to explain it to her but she still didnt take it onboard. I got an unapologetic sorry from her. She also said that Harris was annoying the dogs through the neighbours window so her dog was justified in going for him in his own garden!! I had to walk away at that point!! They have also ran all over my rhododendrons and my dahlias at the fence. I am honestly soo angry with her.

Sorry for the rant!!